Keeping your Corps beret/glen on xfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping your Corps beret/glen on xfer

If like me you are thinging of a transfer to the Infantry, can you keep your corps headgear? I don't want any hearsay just the regulations

If you attach to a unit for a period of time yes because you never leave your parent unit. If you Transfer no you become a member of that unit and your headgear changes.

Comment

You MAY also suffer a drop in rank.

Comment

Whats that got to do with the regu;ations I'm looking for? I have myself seen ex-PA officers retain their red berets on transfer out of PAs. I wonder is it linked to the time you have served?

Comment

Maybe its down to their qualifications? As far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong, the red beret is something you can only wear when you complete a provost course. However the Glengarry of the Cavalry is common to all ranks. Recruits in cav do not wear berets.

Then again why would a PA transfer to Infantry and want to retain a red beret?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
            Then again why would a PA transfer to Infantry and want to retain a red beret?
            Masochism?
            Meh.

Comment

I remember seeing a Lt Colonel on the news wearing a glengarry, he was a ADC to the Taoiseach (I think).

Comment

Er, no... all PAs are issued red berets on completing their probationers' course (on entering the corps). It's how you can tell them apart from real soldiers I've never seen a PA retain his headgear on leaving the corps; as Goldie said, why would you want to?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV
                  I remember seeing a Lt Colonel on the news wearing a glengarry, he was a ADC to the Taoiseach (I think).
                  Was he still in the cavalry?

Comment

Don't know but the only Lt Col in the Cavalry would be in the Director's office.

Comment

Red Beret in a field of Camo creamed ,DPM'd bulletsponges = No 1 Heat Seeker
                      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by DeV
                        theres nothing wrong in that hes prob detached from his unit for his current appt and can wear his glengarry
                        Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

I remember seeing a Lt Colonel on the news wearing a glengarry
                          AFAIK Officers are commissioned into a specific Corps, not a Unit, and you keep that headgear even when you are not serving with that Unit, eg attached to the BTC. Cols and above have their own distinctive headgear.
                          "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
                          Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

rofl... very good .... My compliments ...
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

What is AFIK? What about collar badges and laynards?

Comment

Working...
                              X