Its not what, but who you know!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its not what, but who you know!!

As the old sayin goes, just wondering if ye all believe this when it comes to getting issued or re-issued new gear/uniform.. Some turn up on camp with an old smock, a new smock, and sure an extra one just in case. Are these people doing special "favours" in return for these items or do they just acquire them??? any help would be great.
    Head down
    Mouth Shut
    Eyes and ears wide open
    Don't be first
    Don't be last
    And never EVER volunteer

Of course - the golden rule:

DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD

I got issued a second smock because the Q couldnt get me a Norge.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

That means i should get two smocks cos i never got a fleece or a norge.....
      Head down
      Mouth Shut
      Eyes and ears wide open
      Don't be first
      Don't be last
      And never EVER volunteer

Of course - the golden rule:

DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD

Comment

We overran the CQ's entrenched position in a surprise attack while he had vacated it. Ah the spoils of war!
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

I don't think its what/who you know, but how good you are at aquiring these items yourself. If you wait for a Q or whoever to get it for you then you'll be waiting.
          Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
          Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
          do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

The Q once asked me, before I was due to go on my Standard NCO course, if I needed any item of kit.

"What have you got", was my reply.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Well lads, my whole company was green with envy as we watched 12 new recruits being issued brand new Magnum operational boots, there were no parade ones available so they got the good ones!

Its not who you know....its your timing!
              There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Magnum = Good now?

Comment

Better then parade boots, unless you're on parade of course...
                  I saw Elvis. He sat between me and bigfoot on the UFO.

Comment

Oh god i hope im stationed in gormanstown!!! I know every one there.
                    But i was under the impression that everyone got the same items upon entry.
                    Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

The difference is PDF rec. pl. is taken in and equipped together, RDF recruit throughout the year & depending on security clearance times will get new recruits to their rec. pl. at different times. PDF are all issued the same stuff at the same time, RDF unfortunately get issued as they are attested so some items are not in stock ect.
                      The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
                      They were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MOB87
                        The difference is PDF rec. pl. is taken in and equipped together, RDF recruit throughout the year & depending on security clearance times will get new recruits to their rec. pl. at different times. PDF are all issued the same stuff at the same time, RDF unfortunately get issued as they are attested so some items are not in stock etc.
                        Yes, like 24B's and jumpers...
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                        X