No announcement yet.

New Career structure for Officers (PDF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Career structure for Officers (PDF)

Hi,

Has anyone any info on this, and what it will mean for the careers of PDF Officers? Captain after four years is one rumour I’ve heard.

Anything more concrete?
    "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
    Gen. Robert E. Lee

Well, how long will it take a 2nd Lt to make Lt then? Is there anymore on it?

Good news...if i get into the PDF as a cadet in 3 years
    Last edited by ODIN; 27 June 2006, 00:33.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

I think it is aimed at those entering as graduates, who start at Lt, but that’s about all I know.
      "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
      Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

As I will be doing. Any word on if it will affect promotions beyond Capt?
        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Is there anything similiar for cadets wanting to enter the Air Corps?

Comment

DF Review Implementation Plan 1996 (published 10 years ago) suggested that the rank of Commandant should be achieveable by the age of 36 for high achievers with a gradual fall off to aged 40 and the rank of Lt Colonel could be reached around the age of 45.

For this to work a number of officers would be required to service for a relatively short period (8-10 years). Therefore a Short Service Commission was proposed, 10 years later this hasn't happened.

Comment

Pte Parts' military experience suggests that the rank of Commandant should be achievable by displaying white hair, total disconnection from reality and an ability to shape a beret like a helipad.

Comment

Working...
              X