New Combat Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Combat Uniforms

a guy in my unit was tasked with researching info on new combat uniforms. he is part of a board looking into something similar to the new us uniform. anyone any other info on this???

Was there not a rumour of the army adopting the MOLLIE system? maybe thats what they're looking for.

However if they're going for their own type of ACU then GOD HELP US ALL!!!
    Last edited by mugs; 1 July 2006, 19:22.
    Theirs not to make reply,
    Theirs not to reason why,
    Theirs but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

MOLLE is a modular load bearing system, and is nothing to do with a new combat uniform.

Most likely what is being considered is a digital pattern, similar to the universal ACUPAT used by the US army, or the desert and woodland MARPAT used by the US Marines.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
        Most likely what is being considered is a digital pattern, similar to the universal ACUPAT used by the US army
        Jayus NO!!! Sure the PDF and RDF haven't even had there DPM's long. It would be a waste of money would it not?
        Theirs not to make reply,
        Theirs not to reason why,
        Theirs but to do and die:
        Into the valley of Death
        Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

Detachable hood on the "New" smocks would be nice.

Just in case someone important is reading this.

EDIT

What I would like to see are the colours that are in the current uniform and the visual pattern of the german uniform
          Last edited by Bam Bam; 1 July 2006, 20:45.
          It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

A new uniform already? Why? THey had the olive greens for how many years? Unless the DPMs have become obsolete there is no point in a new uniform!!! But I wont complain as long as i get a proper issue of kit!!!
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

as far as i know the new contracts for the combat uniforms (signed recently) are for 3 years so can't see a change until thats run its course.

maybe its prep work for a future contract after?

although have also heard rumours about some type of MOLLE like system being looked into as replacement for PLCE.
              An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Don't assume it is a brand new uniform

The DPM uniforms have changed considerably since they were first brought out. He could just be testing a new update to the uniform.

Or maybe it is a desert version of the current uniform

Personnally, I really don't believe that they are changing the DPM uniform already.

Comment

Assuming that a digital pattern is what is being talked about, the current DPM pattern could be digitised easily, and uniforms made to the current design. The only major problem would be replacing the current pattern printing equipment with equipment that can print digital pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam
                    Detachable hood on the "New" smocks would be nice.
                    Yes they would and a collar on the smock. And collar stiffeners on the shirts so we can put on a sweater withou the butterfly collar look.
                    sigpic
                    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                    My favourite moment was when the
                    Originally posted by hedgehog
                    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

I think the cav need a shorter less bulky smuck for working in vehicles..and made from nomex to reduce the chance of fire risk.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                        I think the cav need a shorter less bulky smuck for working in vehicles..and made from nomex to reduce the chance of fire risk.
                        What about nomex tank suits? At the very least there's a need for nomex gloves & balaclavas/neck-warmers.
                        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

a new uniform ? it does seem a bit early. The last one is one of the most modern in Europe. Maybe one for desert conditions would be worthwhile, something akin to what the US marines are wearing.

Comment

As Barry said, it's easy enough to digitise existing camo patterns. It's not beyond the realm of possibility for a digital verison of the current pattern to be brought online & issued as the 'analogue' stuff wears out.

It mightn't be probable, but it is possible.

I think the French are replacing their CE stuff in the near future.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                              Maybe one for desert conditions would be worthwhile, something akin to what the US marines are wearing.
                              Not too close though, you'd run the risk of getting shot at by terrorists abroad & getting 'arrested' by crusties at home

Comment

Working...
                              X