New body armour and helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New body armour and helmet

There is a picture in this report of two soldiers in DPM, with a new type of helmet, which is not the current Israeli helmet (different shape, more pronounced chinstrap)

Anyone know if these are new issue across the DF, and who makes 'em....???
    Last edited by FMolloy; 29 October 2007, 13:53.
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Dutch K-Pot. Ayone using the Piranhas wear them. The radio headset worn by passengers fits better under them.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Ta, Goldie. Take it then that means that they're not on general then, the fact
      that they are for use with the Piranhas?
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Any unit who works/trains with the Mowags . Which is most PDF Infantry units at the moment.
        Did anyone see the green SISU on the news?Wonder how long did it take to paint over the white?

Comment

{MOD: Split Thread. Remainder of post in original thread. See General}

In relation to the helmets, there made by RBR in the UK and only issued to infantry personnel deploying overseas with MOWAG's and to personnel in B Coy 3 Inf Bn. It's hoped to that these will become the new standard helmet in the DF but at nearly 600 euro's a go it'll be some time before the DF is kitted out with them.
          Death before Dishonour.

Comment

Thanks Warlord.

Not quite available in the store as yet....

Comment

I can do a nice German kevlar lid if people are interested...
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Not unlike the US "Fritz" helmet, by the looks of it.... Don't the Swedes have a
                lid something similar to this?

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy
                  I can do a nice German kevlar lid if people are interested...
                  Post a picture of it?

Comment

The Aussies Are At It Too.........

Would seem that the Australian Army are changing pots too. They are going for an Israeli designed helmet.....

Here are a couple of pictures of it....

Click here for the full story...

Source: Army - The Australian Army newspaper

Comment

Nice sideburns.....
                      "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

If nobody's noticed, the US has brought the Advanced Combat Helmet into service. Four-point suspension (finally), a hell of a lot lighter than the older helmet, a slightly higher back, and is missing about an inch off the 'brim' (Thank Christ). I have one. Much better than the PASGT helmet.

NTM
                        Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

bring back the piss pot anyone !!!
                          "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Eh, no.....

Comment

There appears to be no difference between the US lid,the dutch one,the one the french wear and the German one. They are all similar to those frequently seen worn by US Swat teams.
                              Is there any difference? Apart from the wearing or lack of camoflage covers of course?
                              Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Working...
                              X