quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question

on the joining instructions for the s bdes pots cse it says you have to bring "q" cards . What are they ?
    Anyone need a spleen ?

They are little cards that are used to give speeches and used in debates. You write abridged notes on them.
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

ah ok , the cadre sgt thought they were like ammo/cas state cards or something , cheers bam
      Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

im not doing the course a mate is , im helping him get some gear together .
        on a related note he was told he "has" to bring a bivvy bag. surely he should only have to bring what hes been issued and not kit like that. i was with him tonight in the hut when he rang quering it and he was told he had to have it .
        Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

If he has to have it then it should be issued.
          It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

he was issued a poncho and thats about it, there was no sleeping bag for him either. tbh its a joke.
            2 weeks before the cse n hes running around scrounging kit that isnt available
            Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

The policy up our direction is not to issue out the stuff unless it's a complete sleeping system, i.e; sleeping bag, basha, bivvy bag, kip mat, as detailed by the lads above...
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

it's actually called a 'cue' card to give the speaker cues for his speech, the phonetics messed you up.

Another one that often causes hilarity, is a 'talc'. if anyone can tell me where the military meaning came from, I'd be grateful.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim
                  it's actually called a 'cue' card to give the speaker cues for his speech, the phonetics messed you up.

Another one that often causes hilarity, is a 'talc'. if anyone can tell me where the military meaning came from, I'd be grateful.
                  Google not being friendly to ya then?

I'm guessing that if it's a military term (which I've never heard before, TBH)
                  then it's probably an acronym for something...

Suggestions on the back of a 3 euro note to Trellheim....
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

eh hem, Talcum Powder
                    courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

Ollie, get your friend to put in writing a request for the gear he needs and get it to his Coy Comdr, Coy 2IC, CQMS and Cadre CQMS. If he can't get the gear go on the course anyway.

Truck driver, you only get the gear if the PDF want you to have it.

Comment

58 pattern sleeping bags are available from the southern brigade..as aresfari beds,,,one poncho...presto a sleeping system..

better tp turn up with something..rather than nothing..and look a right idiot..and get sent home!
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by DeV
                          Ollie, get your friend to put in writing a request for the gear he needs and get it to his Coy Comdr, Coy 2IC, CQMS and Cadre CQMS. If he can't get the gear go on the course anyway.

Truck driver, you only get the gear if the PDF want you to have it.
                          No change there then...

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                          better to turn up with something..rather than nothing..and look a right idiot..and get sent home!
                          Disagree with that philosophy, Murph.

If we did that all the time, we'd get sod all. If the instructions say bring (a),(b),(c), then they should be issued. Agree with Dev, get documented proof that he tried to get this gear through the relevant channels. Not his fault if his Cadre won't get off their posteriors and get the stuff for him. Not lashing the Cadre BTW, some of them are great, some are wasters - like in all walks of life, really...

Comment

looks like all the units kit is in kilworth , they want him to go down n draw what he needs , mius the bivvy bag
                            Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

I just got pissed off turning up with rubbish kit..and been told things were not available to the RDf and that joining instructions were in a standard format..taken from the PDF...if you think you are going to get something just because some else says you need it..you are on a road to no where. If you are going to have your own comfort in your own hands well, best not depend on others to supply it.

IMO if you need stuff and the army ain't supplying you go out and get it..depends on your own circumstances and how much you are willing to put up with..me I just drew the line after the first of the southern brigades PSOs and said never again would I be lacking in what I percieved to need for my own welfare

But then again every one to their own....depends on what you do ..and where you do it..some may not need so much kit as their job dosen't require it..but I so much hated having to rely on a faulty system
                              Last edited by hptmurphy; 18 July 2006, 23:04.
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                              X