Clear All

• Brigade Recruit Training camp

300+ recruits
    Insufficient amount of NCO's
    2 weeks in Kilbride
    Mess that ran out of Alcohol
    1 in 4 recruits pulling sickies
    The cool admin crew

Anybody else here for the fun and games of the Brigade Recruit Training camp?
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Originally posted by HavocIRL
    300+ recruits
    Insufficient amount of NCO's
    Mess that ran out of Alcohol
    1 in 4 recruits pulling sickies
    Sounds like it's not covering itself in glory.
    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by yooklid
      Sounds like it's not covering itself in glory.
      what does a rec camp need loads of booze for?

of course the 62nd couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery....
      Last edited by Big Al; 24 July 2006, 08:49.
      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Didn't the showers stop working too?
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Yeah, day 3 there was a ban on showers until further notice as water ran out!! Too many recruits and not enough accomadation. 1plt in Dundalk and 6plts in kilbride, 1 of which ended up being moved to the bruagha! There were plts with 30+ recruits 1 officer 1 Sgt and 1-2 Cpls!
          All fun and games!! Oh and the mess ran outta alcohol on more than 1 occasion!
          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

As usual Big Al lets his prejudices show .

62nd were given a job to do and a place to do it in , choice wasn't a strong point.

Where were the other unit's NCOs ? [ those of you who did come, thanks ]
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

who chose kilbride as a place to stick 300 odd people? could the officer contingent of the bn not open the gobs and raised their concerns?

shower bans, sick troops, stones in pockets as punishment, insufficent trg ncos ffs. prejudice my hole.
              Last edited by Big Al; 24 July 2006, 09:27.

Comment

Trolling again I see.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Stones in pockets...punishment...please elaborate.

Comment

Sounds worse then it was from what I hear from lads who were there and it was in the ammo pouches not pockets. Full mags are heavier, some of the NCO's went aorund for an entier day doing the same thing.

Water didn't run out, the pump broke and was fixed quite quickly. The blame for lack of NCO's lies with all the units who sent recruits. They were asked to supply them and they didn't.

By all accounts centeralised recuit training is going to need alot of work in every Bde. Saying the 62nd couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery is very unfair. They did what was requirerd of them with the tools they were given.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzle
                      By all accounts centeralised recuit training is going to need alot of work in every Bde. Saying the 62nd couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery is very unfair. They did what was requirerd of them with the tools they were given.
                      it all went tits up when some decided to put 200+ troops in kilbride for 2 weeks, i wonder why there wasnt a scurry of people volunteering to be there from the other units.

as for trolling trelly well the truth does hurt sometimes doesnt it.....

from what i have been told it wasnt just the ammo pouches muzz
                      Last edited by Big Al; 24 July 2006, 11:58.

Comment

My Unit was told that our recruits were to be trained in Dundalk.

Then, as usual, a request came in for NCO'a a few weeks before the recruit training was due to start, after everyone had booked their time off work, family holidays, etc. Typical!

Recruit training, IMHO, is THE MOST IMPORTANT element of training and recruits, IMHO, are the life blood of the RDF. So the point is simply: when are the powers that be going to get their act together?

I also heard some stories from a few recruits. If they are even half true, then the Officers and NCOs involved have no place in the RDF as they will ensure, amongst other things, that the RDF as a whole will not be able to keep or even attract recruits.
                        I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
                        Who is number 1?

Comment

muzzle, the water DID run out. The water table was too low and the pump couldn't supply the water fast enough. Happened again on the 2nd last day when all training was halted for a few hours as there was no water to hydrate the troops in the twenty odd degree heat.
                          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al
                            it all went tits up when some decided to put 200+ troops in kilbride for 2 weeks, i wonder why there wasnt a scurry of people volunteering to be there from the other units.

from what i have been told it wasnt just the ammo pouches muzz
                            Loaded mags are still heavier, a steyr is pretty heavy too, should we stop the poor little darlings carrying those?

Putting that many in Killbride was a bad idea, do we know who actully came up with it?

Comment

Oh and the rocks were only a little larger that a fist. One of them was a piece of slate which weighs feck all. Recruits blew things outta proportion! recruits asking to be supplied with a PT instructor after being asked to get to the truck and back as fast as they can.

Comment

Working...
                              X