No announcement yet.

Brigade Recruit Training camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be the best location in the Republic for recruit training ? The Curragh would get my vote.

please give your reasons
    Last edited by trellheim; 19 February 2007, 12:27.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• If Bere Island is to remain in use, updating the facilities and adding more accomadation is a must. Another welcome addition would be decent class room spaces that could cater for the numbers attending.
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• How does RDF recruit training compare?

RDF say 2/3 weekends + 2 weeks

PDF 16 weeks (I know the PDF cover a lot of what is in RDF recruit training but ...)

Australian Reserve - 28 days (can be done in 1 / 2 modules + 2 to 7 weeks trade training)

Canadian Reserve - 20 days

New Zealand Reserve - 3 days + 3 weeks + 3 weeks

UK Territorial Army - 9 wkends + 2 weeks

Comment

• Don't the Canadians still do national service?
          Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            As usual Big Al lets his prejudices show .

62nd were given a job to do and a place to do it in , choice wasn't a strong point.

Where were the other unit's NCOs ? [ those of you who did come, thanks ]
            I was detailed not asked to leave my units annual camp and go to dundalk to train recruits from a different bn. There was 2 65bn cpls and a 63nd bn officer and sgt to train a plt of 67bn rec. id like to know where the 67 ncos were. I know it is nearly 2 years after the fact but im only new to this and have just found the forum

Comment

• story lads.....erm quick question! i cudnt find any other relevant looking thread so i sed i'd put it in here.......any helpful suggestions for recruit camp? in kno its not the 62nd battalion rec camp.......its 34th of the southern actually..........any advice anyway?
              "Any soldier worth his salt should be anti-war. And still, there are things worth fighting for."-Norman Schwarzkopf, CO, US FORCES, GW1

Comment

Working...
              X