No announcement yet.

RDF on Camp. My Experience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not one bit, just wondering if they class it as PPE and are legally required to provide it.
    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by concussion
      Not one bit, just wondering if they class it as PPE and are legally required to provide it.
      Would doubt it. I've heard that getting sunburnt is classed as a self inflicted injury, and is a chargeable offence. Anyone else ever hear this before...?
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver
        Would doubt it. I've heard that getting sunburnt is classed as a self inflicted injury, and is a chargeable offence. Anyone else ever hear this before...?
        Originally posted by http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/ZZA18Y1954S143.html
        143.—Every person subject to military law—

( a ) who malingers or feigns or induces disease or infirmity, or

( b ) who induces, aggravates, or delays the cure of, disease or infirmity by misconduct or wilful disobedience of orders, or

( c ) who wilfully maims or injures himself or any other person who is a member of the Defence Forces, whether at the instance of that person or not, with intent thereby to render himself or that other person unfit for service, or causes himself to be maimed or injured by any person with intent thereby to render himself unfit for service,

is guilty of an offence against military law and shall, on conviction by court-martial, be liable to suffer imprisonment or any less punishment awardable by a court-martial.
        There you have it. But you have to have intended to make yourself unfit for service.

Comment

Knew there was something in the Defence Act on this, alright...
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
            There you have it. But you have to have intended to make yourself unfit for service.
            The intention to render "unfit for service" applies to 143 (c) - maiming or injuring. You do not have to have that intention to commit an offence under 143 (a) or (b).
            ________
            MERCEDES-BENZ FINTAIL
            Last edited by Smithy; 9 March 2011, 15:00.

Comment

Lads Sandbag is like most recruits.

He has seen straight through the pretend army that we are, we need to stop this merry-go-round of recruiting recruiting recruiting. Its not getting the organisation anywhere.

Give the personnel we have more interesting challenging training, improve the leadership and discipline, at least try to bring us closer to PDF level.
              When the overall standard has improved recruit again and train recruits to an acceptable standard.

This will create an organisation that more people will want to join, not just schoolkids who get bored and leave after 9 months when the drinkin session dies down.
              Long term lurker

Comment

Couldn't agree more with you worldwalker

Comment

I must say reading the thread it has brought out excellent points. I have served in the RDF -- PDF and back to the RDF again and can confirm that in specific cases all that was said is true. However the moaning has to stop. We can moan until the cows come home and it will get nowhere. Privates -- Challange your NCOs to provide better training, Junior NCOs -- Do your best delivering training and challange your senior NCOs to better organise training, Senior NCOs take no shit, make sure the Junior NCOs are providing the training, give them the tools to do their job and challange the officers to make sure the training is reflective of the unit/corps mission.

The greatest failing in the RDF is officer training. Having an officers course ran in a regional barracks like Sarsfield makes no sense whatsoever. We need the RDF officers to hymn from the same sheet as the PDF ones, how can this be when they are not even looking at the same sheet. All Officer training should be conducted solely in the Military College by the same instructors that train Cadets/PDF Pot Officers. Then the standard can roll downhill. ALso corps schools need to be more pro-active in running Officer and Senior NCO corps courses to ensure standards are consistant.

Comment

excellent Laoch... but we know each other and we're on the same page anyway !
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

hmmm point taken, rdf needs more hours b4 thinking about matching pdf standards id really hate ptes to loose hope and respect for rdf over a bad camp, it happens to the best of us an believe me iv been there. im just back from a camp training with pdf and i saw the standard they have and i was inspired by that. all rdf should train with pdf it was really fantastic an invaluable experience.
                      dats da shot!!!!

Comment

well if you work on the assumption that you do in two weeks what the average soldier takes about a year to train up to properly..its going to take a while to get a high standard..so its apersonal thing..don't follow standards with in your unit..set them..drill appearance,,kit etc.....you have to think out side the reserve box
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Standards will only go up in the RDF when the General Staff do the following: remove promotion based on seniority, annual reviews of Officers and NCO's with effective action taken on poor performance, and better training for them. Until you have that, forget it.
                          Any leadership/management training will state that motivation is the critical driver in any organisation. Without it your flogging a dead horse. Dead horse anyone?
                          Once more unto the breach, dear friends

Comment

Agreed but as long as the current bearers of the roles are in place none of the above is ever going to take place. And its a pity really becuse it could be quite workable if a key element was just weeded out.

Motivation is not there..the days of tyrning up to just do the job are gone..there's me on my soap box again..but any way....
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Yes it is but rarely an enforced law unless intensionaly done after a warning

Comment

Working...
                              X