A7 For Recruits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A7 For Recruits?

I recently completed my first recruit camp as an NCO and i noticed that after the troops were given the A7 lecture they developed ideas that NCO's cant tell them do certain things as it was A7. I'm not saying that recruits dont have rights but i believe that 2*s upward should get these lectures and not recruits as it only leads to certain undesirable charachters spreading dissent amongst the troops because of an idea they get through misinterpretation of lecture given by an officer. I believe this can be avoided by not giving these lectures until they are 2* and have a better feel for the military way of doing things. does anyone else see this or have anything to add to it i,d be glad to hear it.
    But there's no danger
    It's a professional career
    Though it could be arranged
    With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
    If you're out of luck you're out of work
    We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

i saw that myself in the pdf little feckers got mothered through recruits and think the mere mention of A7 to an NCO or one of the older lads will get them out of trouble are they in for a shock when that happens
    "Let no mans ghost come back to say my training let him down"

Comment

A7=PC gone mad !
      :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

yeah A7 its all gone too far and because of it you,ve got an organisation with more than its fair share of wasters(although i wouldnt give it up for the world) and you cant say boo to them...
        But there's no danger
        It's a professional career
        Though it could be arranged
        With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
        If you're out of luck you're out of work
        We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

If you treat them fairly and can prove it (witnesses) you have nothing to worry about.

But I agree A7 is PC gone mad.

Comment

Leaving recruits to sort out A7 on there own, bad idea as said "they developed ideas that NCO's cant tell them do certain things as it was A7" after the lecture pull them aside for a few min and try and answer any questions they have, do in in good sport, give some role play if needed, always be the victim yourself so none of the lads can get slagged later on. It clears the air and confirms what they heard.
            Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations. :wink:
            - Marcus Aurelius-Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

Comment

I am not afraid of A7. In my opinion is fits in very well with the firm, fair and friendly approach that an instructor should take to a student.

It is important for every instructor to understand completely A7, what is covered and what is not covered. This will help the instructor to deal with any false claims by students (I mean a student saying "You can't do dat...thats A7", as opposed to an accusation that has been proven false).

Also you should read the recent Admin instruction on instructor/student relations (I can't remember the correct title). This document sets down what is acceptable behaviour from instructors and what is acceptable behaviour from students. When giving the A7 lecture you should state what is deemed to be acceptable behaviour. This document also sets down what is acceptable punishment, which allows plenty of scope and can be useful for those of us whose imagination is a bit limited.

Comment

I think briefings on A7 concentrates too much on the rights of the person under training, and neglects to mention that the instructor has the same rights.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                  I think briefings on A7 concentrates too much on the rights of the person under training, and neglects to mention that the instructor has the same rights.
                  You obviously never pay attention in A7 lectures, it does not neglect to mention the instructor has the same rights. A7 applies to all ranks including NCOs, if the audience are recruits then obviously they are going to be told what rights they have and how to go about the informal/formal routes to make a complaint or comment, that a little shouting and being told to do things is all part of military life and the instructor who ever they are have the legal right to do so. Maybe it's a case of crap officer, crap A7 lecture.
                  As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

very simple solution to A7 I found..let them present there case if they believ they have an issue. But remind the person pursuing the case that they are are quite entitled to be charged with making a false or unfounded accusation should their allegation not fall within the remit of A7..and that the out come of that will be far more serious than any reprimand that the NCO may recieve if he or she is found to be in breach of A7.

The only way to fight these barrack room lawyers is to use the system available to you as an NCO.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

while agree that A7 is open to abuse and agree with the statement that a crap lecture can give people the wrong idea, i dont think it is a good idea to withhold the information until they pass out, if you were to do so you could create an atmosphere or idea that I will do X to the G1's because they dont know any better, some clown will always exploit the loophole the proper thing to do is to close the loop holes
                      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Im just a two star but already I'm sick shit of A7.
                        Even though I dont like it, I think its neccessary for Recruits to attend because it gives guidelines on what to do and what not to do. Some recruits will take it as a joke but the reality is that they are going to be staying in a Military Establishment for the next few weeks and some things just are not acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                        X