Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator / Army / Army Reserve Forum

Hello all

There is no training for IMO mods, the only way to learn is by trial & error. Unfortunally in the past in my case I've made a lot of errors. eg merging treads, closing treads and deleting posts (which I have just learnt how to return to a thread if they are okay). Unfortually any threads/posts I've deleted in the past are gone.

I always done my best to be fair and give the benefit of the doubt. But at the same time the security of the DF must be maintained. I've NEVER done anything to anyone (or their posts) on the board maliciously or because I disagree with their opinions.

I remind you all of the Discussion Board Code of Conduct at the bottom below.

Apologies

Dev

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Discussion Board Code of Conduct

1. The user undertakes not to make use of or publish material that is obscene, libellous or defamatory or in violation of any right of any third party.

2. No user shall interfere or attempt to interfere in any way with information belonging to another person. Similarly no user shall make unauthorised copies of information belonging to another person.

3. The user must not undertake any actions that brings this website into disrepute.

4. Please note that any comment relating to your military service in the Irish Defence Forces that is in breach of military regulations or Official Secrets Act 1963, or considered by Admin/Moderators to be of a militarily sensitive nature, will result in the immediate removal of the comment and possible disciplinary action by Admin/Moderators and may result in disciplinary action by the military authorities against the author of such comments. It should also be noted that this includes the posting of information which may compromise the security of military installations which is also forbidden.

5. Details of times, dates or contents of military courses cannot and will not be published on this site.

6. The Administrator and / or Moderators reserve the right to ban any member from using this discussion board, at their own discretion.

7. All complaints and inquiries, with regard this board should be directed to the Administrator and / or Moderators at webmaster@irishmilitaryonline.com

8. Text speak is not acceptable on IMO

9. Insulting and abuse of any other member of the board is not acceptable at any time. Every member of the board is entitled to his/her opinion even if it is different from your own. Differences of opinion do NOT give you the right to abuse people.

10. There is a 30 minute idle rule on the Chat and it will be enforced by the admins and moderators.

You have nothing to apologise for. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Kevin

Comment

Just a question guys.Why was the "photos of new bodyarmour/helmets" thread closed and now it is reopened?
      Not a criticism,just confused.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Apology accepted!!
        The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

And what happened to the very informative post by BlackShamrock? He detailed the commissioning process in the TA and compared and contrasted the equivalent in the FCA.

Have we now scared away a good source of info...I know a lot of folks have an interest in the TA and some IMO members have even expressed a keen interest in joining.

At the present rate that posts are being deleted...the board will be bare pretty soon.
          No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Originally posted by apod
            Just a question guys.Why was the "photos of new bodyarmour/helmets" thread closed and now it is reopened?
            Not a criticism,just confused.
            We operate on a policy of if in doubt play it safe. So it was closed initially because it was thought it may be very sensitive info. That decsion was re-evaluated with the help of a someone who is more authoritve on the subject then any of us. Simple as that.

Originally posted by strummer
            At the present rate that posts are being deleted...the board will be bare pretty soon.
            I can see every deletion and that simply isn't true
            Last edited by Muzzle; 28 July 2006, 19:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasplug
              Apology accepted!!
              Don't get bloody cheeky gasplug, it is not needed
              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by strummer
                And what happened to the very informative post by BlackShamrock? He detailed the commissioning process in the TA and compared and contrasted the equivalent in the FCA.
                The thread was spilt and this post was most to the new thread. Somehow both the new thread and this post were deleted. I've PM'ed BlackShamrock.

Comment

Working...
                X