Not Ready for the Re-Org?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Ready for the Re-Org?

I heard that because the 62Batt numbers are so low that they havent a hope of being amalgamated with the 2nd until at least 2008. I hate that!
    Air Corps Veteran

The "selling", promotion and communication of the integrated reserve has been abysmal. As regards to comments relating to the involvement/non involvement of certain units, if I posted my own comments I would probably receive an automatic ban.

Comment

I can see this being a problem throughout the Reserve, some people just might not want to be involved at this time. The planning for the whole thing isnt the best, and a lot is still not known on how it is going to be run
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldemboots!
        Getting back to the thread. This seems to be the case for us and the 65th unfortunately, from what I was told last night. Pain in the arse for those of us who have worked hard since the re-org to prepare for it!!!
        It should read "67th" not "65th" above

Comment

No, he was right, the 62nd and 67th have withdrawn.. The 65th are still full steam ahead with the re-org.
          "One does not charge up a hill without men who are as crazy as their leader." Major Richard Winters MC

Comment

having seen the requirements..my worries have been realised....

but for those who can commit and reach the requiremants and want that type of training why not..you want it..go and get it.
            Last edited by hptmurphy; 19 October 2006, 23:18.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by winters View Post
              No, he was right, the 62nd and 67th have withdrawn.. The 65th are still full steam ahead with the re-org.
              Lets get this straight...62 and 67 are not participating with integration?

How long is this state of affairs going to last?
              "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

I personally cannot commit the time to the integrated platoon. Pity,I'd love to go. Maybe for the next ontake I'll be in a better position but at the mo I'll have to stay where i am. From what i can see, the level of training in the old units has improved immencely and will hopefully continue to do so. Granted, it will be nothing compaired to what the integrated platoon will receive but its an opportunity that those who can commit the time can't afford to pass up.

My unit seem to be full steam ahead with two platoons having been assessed already. Best of luck to all of them. I wish they could all get the job.
                Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

In my humble opinion, the incorrect usage of military abbreviations whilst of a minor annoyance pales in significance when put into comparison with my own personal bug bear (Again this is my rant feel free to ignore it and not a personal attack on any one person) of people hopping off posters for minor things that do not majorly affect the reading of their postings! Jesus Christ people who gives a left handed midget toss about it being Bn or Batt...address the issue at hand!!

Rant over!

Back to issue at hand and the question being all though on paper the 65th is committed does everyone affected feel confident about it? Again, my experience at that god awful assessment really put a dampner on everything!
                  "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

what is happening here is what always happens. Meaning they put the problem on the long finger instead of tackling it. I, like bulldemboots, would like to know what our reps are going to do resolve the situation.
                    Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

MOD: The discussion on military abbreviations has been moved to an existing thread

Now my 2 cents:

Firstly I find it exceedingly worrying that people are talking about "amalgamations" with regard to "INTEGRATION" - the amalgamations happened last October. Intergration involved an RDF personnel coming under the command of a PDF unit for a two year period, it doesn't involve getting rid of the RDF unit they come from - IMO it will eventually result in it though but its called integration.

The "selling", promotion and communication of the integrated reserve has been abysmal.
                      As it was with the reorg itself, so nothing has changed.

Whats our representative association going to do about this now eh???
                      Its an operational matter and therefore outside the scope of represenation.

I know there's alot of people in my unit who want to join the integrated but now can't cos of this. Surely it would be a huge incentive if they got the integrated working, even at a small level, and then maybe the bn's would get their fingers out of their Ars*s and get people in and trained up, which might help revitalise their unit, as there would be more incentives to stay.
                      Hopefully this problem will provide the incentive.

what is happening here is what always happens. Meaning they put the problem on the long finger instead of tackling it. I, like bulldemboots, would like to know what our reps are going to do resolve the situation.
                      RDFRA have puts LOTS of suggests and problems infront of the military authorities with regard to Integration and the reorg as a whole. For example, RDFRA looked for a high national recruitment campaign as part of the reorg and has continued looking for it - Where is it Minister????

Comment

Yep I heard (from PDF Cadre) the 62nd and 67th are stood down from integration. Would anyone consider transferring to the 65th to make it work? As it stands I can see the 65th having a problem keeping set names on the integrated platoon list. It'd be a shame if no infantry unit from the east could be properly integrated.
                        "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
                        - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

65 Res Inf Bn don't usually have a problem with numbers.

Comment

About 80-90% of eligible effective strength 34Bn HQ Coy has signed up for integration. Over the past year it has been non stop in providing support elements for the 4Bn. I'm quite surprised at the amount of requests made by the 4Bn for RDF bods. From my point of view and from that of my friends in the unit, Integration is looking very good.
                            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

It won't be a problem with pulling a platoon together at any one time. It'll be a problem keeping the same people in that platoon. If people are commited enough to transfer, chances are they are commited enough to make every exercise. That's the type I reckon no unit has enough of.
                              "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
                              - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

Working...
                              X