Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruit Camp

Hey guys,

Apologies if there's already a thread. I looked but couldn't find one.

I've my recruit camp starting shortly [MOD: Date & Location Snip].

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect, bring, do and just other bits of info that might help.

Thanks

Don't be afraid to ask your NCO's. Bring Civvie clothes / PT gear, one of my lads turned up last year and his only civvie gear was a pair of shoes slacks and a shirt....needless to say he ended up having to play foot ball in his good shoes.
    • Polish
      Mycill + Zip Lock bags
      Pens / Paper
      Black Tape
      Washing Powder
      Deoderant
      SHOWER GEL
      TOWELS (Get yourself a travel towel)
      FLIP FLOPS (you really dont want to be barefoot in the showers)
      RAZOR
      Hangers
      Organize an iron/extension lead between you and few buddies.
      Someone usually brings "Motviational" Magazines
      Cash (not too much but enough to see you through and for the last night session)
      Sun Cream
      Phone Charger
      Dont bring anything valuable that can be Broken/Robbed

Most importantly bring a sense of humor and positive attitude and you'll be grand.

Comment

Hi Bobert & welcome to the board.

This question has been asked before and was even asked by me when I was a lad, you might find some additional helpful information to that supplied by Laochglas if you click HERE

Never ever click on my signature.

Comment

Another useful resource...

Ce site web est à vendre ! 62infantry.com réunit des informations et annonces. Nous espérons que vous y trouverez les informations que vous recherchez !

Good thinking on the extension lead, LaochGlas.

On the subject of the "motivational" magazines, if that is what I think
        they are, be advised there will also be female personnel on the
        recruit training. Need I say anymore ?
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Thanks guys. Also, what will I be doing? Will there be on the ground stuff or will I be stuck in a classroom for the two weeks?

Comment

It will be mixed between basic tactics, the square and the classroom.

Some of the subjects can be found here - http://www.62infantry.com/Training.shtml

Comment

Right lads, thanks for the help but it turns out that the camps been cancelled due to cutbacks.

Comment

I cant wait to join the PDF,but do you think i should join the RDF for 2 or 3 years,then go for the PDF,,

Comment

Originally posted by jamiered17 View Post
                  I cant wait to join the PDF,but do you think i should join the RDF for 2 or 3 years,then go for the PDF,,

Depends on your age, joining the Reserve would give you an insight into how the military functions and provide some pointers should you eventually take the plunge and decide to join up full-time. Go for it.

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

There is a ban on recruitment to the PDF untill end 2010, so join the RDF in the mean time.

Comment

Our recruit camp was cancelled for this week.. Cut backs & all that :-(
                      We're worried we might lose some of the new recruits over it as this was what they've been building up to..
                      Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad P View Post
                        We're worried we might lose some of the new recruits over it as this was what they've been building up to..
                        We' ve pretty much been told (subject to confirmation) that the recruits we had
                        in train through the paper trail, are gone....

A complete kick where it hurts to all concerned

The only upside to it all is that the Instructors concerned now have
                        an opportunity to concentrate on upskilling themselves for the next couple of years
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Wrong. Decision not final yet re "in flight". Am watching this v. carefully. Deffo no new clearances accepted though.
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by Mad P View Post
                            That's an easter camp though. So it's OK. That's not a recruit camp. In fact there is no place in the sylabus that says recruits have to have a camp before their 2 weeks whereever they do recruit training. The Induction Sylabus is only 21 hours. any more than that is extra. Then they have 2 weeks FTT. They don't really need anymore camp's. The mandays, given the current economic situation are more suited in other place's.

If they have been attested and are in uniform they are safe, otherwise they are not safe at all.

Given mandays have been cut to 14 with the requestability for a further 7 if truly required, then the recruits are OK. They will have 14 days training whereever for recruit camp and they should be damn happy to get that because it means they escaped where 1400 pothential recruits didn't.
                            I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                              Wrong. Decision not final yet re "in flight". Am watching this v. carefully. Deffo no new clearances accepted though.
                              ..... which is why I said "subject to confirmation"

There were many long faces when the news was broken, all the same....

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
                              In fact there is no place in the sylabus that says recruits have to have a camp before their 2 weeks whereever they do recruit training...
                              The syllabus specifies that Module 1 is to be conducted at unit level, consisting of
                              training nights, field days and weekends - no mention of FTT to cover Module 1, although
                              I can think of one sub unit which did this last year

Can someone tell me what the TI/TS/TC number for the Induction Syllabus is please ?

Comment

Working...
                              X