X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• na grohmiti
    replied
    Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
    Sorry copy I have is old and no sec rating, given it on a training night a number years ago.

Does anyone know if you can go straight into 2nd line technical support unit from PDF and hold your rank.
    If yes it makes real sense to open the technical support unit up more and allow retiring navy to join.
    i know Officers cant, we had a guy retiring and wanting to come into the ar unit but reps tried to block it due to up coming promotions. GOC was a bit surprised that they raised it with him in that manner.
    Struggling to see the relevance your query has to the topic of the post to be honest. What is it about the Army that they want to make everything about them?

Leave a comment:

• batterysgt
    replied
    Sorry copy I have is old and no sec rating, given it on a training night a number years ago.

Does anyone know if you can go straight into 2nd line technical support unit from PDF and hold your rank.
    If yes it makes real sense to open the technical support unit up more and allow retiring navy to join.
    i know Officers cant, we had a guy retiring and wanting to come into the ar unit but reps tried to block it due to up coming promotions. GOC was a bit surprised that they raised it with him in that manner.

Leave a comment:

• batterysgt
    replied
    Found it, not very many at all, x nwc (?) + x medical officers so not very many. Would think that the Naval Service would expand it and pack it with technical staff that are leaving in their droves.

MOD: I said it was restricted
    Last edited by DeV; 20 November 2022, 01:35.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    "Technical support unit" is that for people with maritime skill sets only, how many are in it.?
    They are all NSR tech personnel

and that would be restricted

Leave a comment:

• batterysgt
    replied
    "Technical support unit" is that for people with maritime skill sets only, how many are in it.?

Leave a comment:

• Auldsod
    replied
    My bad, great to see, the mistake then was not crediting him with his unit. Hence my little rant.
    Ah fair enough. He's part of the NSR Technical Support Unit. I'm not sure if he's linked to another unit too.

Leave a comment:

• na grohmiti
    replied
    Former president of the Institute of Master mariners too, unless I'm mistaken. And to think the Air Defence Regt were hiding him away for years.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    Originally posted by A/TEL View Post

Good knowledge of routine traffic so on ferry routes. Could be useful in intel gathering.
    when god gives you lemons…….,,,,

Leave a comment:

• A/TEL
    replied
    Originally posted by popeye View Post
    The officer in question is a training captain with P and O ferries and is a ferry captain.
    Good knowledge of routine traffic so on ferry routes. Could be useful in intel gathering.

Leave a comment:

• popeye
    replied
    The officer in question is a training captain with P and O ferries and is a ferry captain.

Leave a comment:

• A/TEL
    replied
    How is he qualified, is it via Navy qual or civi qual. Curious to see which way if anyone know.
    AFAIK he's a deck officer on Irish Sea ferry. Would only be instructing on navigation and boat handling, no Naval specific i.e. gunnery etc. Just hope the NSR contribute something with the new launches. Part time Inshore FP could def be a role for them. No weapons etc required.

Leave a comment:

• batterysgt
    replied
    How is he qualified, is it via Navy qual or civi qual. Curious to see which way if anyone know.

Leave a comment:

• batterysgt
    replied
    My bad, great to see, the mistake then was not crediting him with his unit. Hence my little rant.

Leave a comment:

• Auldsod
    replied
    You'd think the NSR would have their own instructor at this stage and not have to use NS Lts who are not at full strength. The NSR Lt Cdr's are surely qualified enough, having their own launches for years.
    The instructor in that photo is NSR.

Leave a comment:

• batterysgt
    replied
    You'd think the NSR would have their own instructor at this stage and not have to use NS Lts who are not at full strength. The NSR Lt Cdr's are surely qualified enough, having their own launches for years.
    Last edited by batterysgt; 18 November 2022, 20:43.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X