Replacement NSR Launch / New NS Port Security Launches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    More photos of the above boat.( "Dark Star" Wildcat 40)

Large open work area aft.

Support Irish Industry.:wink:
    The Above boat was completed recently, fitted with an inflatable tender behind the fly bridge.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Goldie Fish,
      Any idea of the final cost of this vessel?

Also that appears to be a diver lift on the stern and it looks to have had some mid deck bench seats fitted since the last photos.
      Any idea of its final destination?

Tad.

Comment

• Going to a Guy by the name of Mark Dixon. I'm not sure of Price, but I can say that Safehaven are much cheaper than what I expected.

TP may know more than me.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Tadpole View Post
          Goldie Fish,
          Any idea of the final cost of this vessel?

Also that appears to be a diver lift on the stern and it looks to have had some mid deck bench seats fitted since the last photos.
          Any idea of its final destination?

Tad.

I met the new owner yesterday(and a very Pleased man he is too). He'll be operating it from North Sheilds, and around Newcastle as a Dive boat. He told me it cost in the region of €400,000. Not a bad price considering the High spec interior.

Comment

• Anyone good with Photoshop? What would this look like in Grey?
            Interceptor 55, By Safehaven Marine in cork, Following Launch Yesterday.

Have heard little about anything in Naval circles regarding procurement of anything recently.

Comment

• With the way the economy is going I would not hold out much hope for a new NSR Craft anytime soon. Hope I am proved wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by popeye View Post
                With the way the economy is going I would not hold out much hope for a new NSR Craft anytime soon. Hope I am proved wrong.
                I hope so too.

The Above Launch, being, er.. launched.

Comment

• Originally posted by popeye View Post
                  With the way the economy is going I would not hold out much hope for a new NSR Craft anytime soon. Hope I am proved wrong.
                  I heard an alternative rumour today, and it involves sharing assets with other agencies.
                  That's all I'll say for now. Nevertheless, in these times of tight budgets etc, anyone with any sort of capital asset needs to be using it effectively, failing that, allow others to make use of it.
                  You heard it here first.

Someone once said to me, "A small Island doesnt need more than one Navy- We have at least 5".

Comment

• Reading from what Goldie is inferring the Customs service and the NSR could end up sharing boats.

The Civil defence could end up sharing their inflatables.

I'l go with the firts option although I can see huge problems in it and in the current economic climate I would say the NSR can say good bye to ever having craft of their own.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• It makes sense. In New Zealand for example, the Navy's Project Protector Inshore Vessels are tasked with supporting Government agencies such as Customs and Fisheries.

Apart from the Customs Cutter, there are a couple of large Inshore Fisheries Protection launches and Fisheries also operate a fleet of RHIBS.

Comment

• Originally posted by easyrider View Post

Apart from the Customs Cutter, there are a couple of large Inshore Fishing trip launches and Fisheries also operate a fleet of RHIBS.
                        Fixed that for you:wink:

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                          Fixed that for you:wink:
                          Gracias GF, it had been a long and 'emotional' evening.....

Comment

• That would do the job.

And only 10 years old.
                            'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

• Hmm....Nice...
                              Pity the DoD haven't 2 cent couns to rub together at the moment...

Comment

• And another.

'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Working...
                                X