ONET website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONET website

Óglaigh Náisúinta Na hÉireann Teoranta is the official name of the Organisation of National Ex-Servicemen and Women (O.N.E.). ONET is a limited company with charitable status that is dedicated to looking after the welfare of ex-service personnel of the Irish Defence Services. The Naval Branch of the O.N.E.T are online and can now be found at http://www.navalbranchonet.com/

The site is still under construction, but many former N.S members may find it a useful meeting place.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

website

Hi all
    Just to let you know the Commander George Crosbie Naval Branch O.N.E.T. Website
    is now up and running at www.navalbranchonet.com do pay us a visit especially all
    ex Naval Service Personell and find out how to join our branch
    Pat Brennan
    Ex L/Seaman

Comment

Hi All
      Check out irish naval association web site for hundred,s of old Navy Photos
      Great Site
      Pat Brennan
      Ex L/Sea I.N.S.

Comment

Ha, look at Minnie Kinsella with a beard!

Those berets look manky with the blazers. Berets are working dress anyway, what the hell are they wearing them for?

Who are the Spanish chicks? I don't remember seeing them taking on rations on any ship!

Comment

Thanks Pat...;have spent many a happy time trawling through these photos recognising some faces....loads of names to be remembered.forgot some of it was so long ago..but fantastic memories....hope thats not the end of them!
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Hi Y.H.F.
            The reason for the berets is back some years ago Ex Service men would turn up on
            parade in all sorts of head ware ie Bowler Hats, Soft Hats ,Wooley Hats ,Fishermans hats etc. So the national exc decided to have some sort of uniformety hence the berets,now we must work on the pants.
            Pat Brennan
            Ex L/Sea I.N.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Brennan View Post
              Hi Y.H.F.
              The reason for the berets is back some years ago Ex Service men would turn up on
              parade in all sorts of head ware ie Bowler Hats, Soft Hats ,Wooley Hats ,Fishermans hats etc. So the national exc decided to have some sort of uniformety hence the berets,now we must work on the pants.
              Pat Brennan
              Ex L/Sea I.N.S.
              Dude, the bowler hats would be rocking. You should totally keep those!

Comment

Hi Moggy
                Thank,s for the tip
                Pat Brennan
                Ex L/Sea I.N.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Brennan View Post
                  Hi Y.H.F.
                  Pat Brennan
                  Ex L/Sea I.N.S.
                  remember the hats gerry boland used to turn up in at afternoon divisions

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                    remember the hats gerry boland used to turn up in at afternoon divisions
                    roger roger ha

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                      roger roger ha
                      oh yes the altar wine again.... god blast ya.. anyone know where he is now... remember the bumbles had him doing bus conductor one time....

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                        oh yes the altar wine again.... god blast ya.. anyone know where he is now... remember the bumbles had him doing bus conductor one time....
                        god only knows bus incident already mentiioned in another thread he he

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                          god only knows bus incident already mentiioned in another thread he he
                          He was a character! He was walking down the lines one day when an army officer passed him. The officer went to return the salute, but quickly realised that no salute was forthcoming from Gerry!

'Excuse me, I don't know who you are, or what you are, as you have no rank markings' The officer said. ' but since when has the practice of saluting a superior officer ceased?'

To which gerry replied, ' don't you 'hashle' me and I won't 'hashle' you'
                          And off he went, leaving the officer standing with his mouth open!

I hope he is keeping well some place!

Comment

Hi Goldie Fish
                            Just to let you know Army Rank marking,s available in our store on the way to whitegate
                            you know the one,s is it camo/ subdu if thats what soldiers call them just taught you might like to know.

Comment

Thanks.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X