Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DPMs For Regimental Duties In Naval Base

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Ah i miss the coal delivering detail..had certain perks..special round married quarters.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by yooklid View Post
      Sure he wasn't USMC?
      Positive - took a good look to make sure. The naval rank markings and the
      tab over the left breast pocket saying US Navy were a bit of a giveaway

      Originally posted by hptmurphy
      tbh next time i go to range in winter ..I'm putting
      back on the older trousers..yes it still fits..and **** reglations pissed
      off having my bollocks frozen off and my kneecaps torn apart getting
      down on the firing point
      The best advice I got from our Cadre NCO on the intro of the DPM's to the Reserve
      was "go a waist size larger than your normal size, as you will be allowing for the
      wearing of thermal trousers underneath. A €10 tracksuit bottom from Dunnes Stores
      does nicely as an under layer to keep ya warm on those cold Jan/Feb days on the
      ranges. At least until your budget allows for the purchase of a thermal trousers
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Bosco View Post
        I saw a guy in the canteen in Athlone at tea time one day(last month) with with the DPM's and a set of black rank markings with three bars,not stripe, gold bars. Hadnt a notion of what the hell that was about so I asked him and he said he was navy a Petty Officer I think.
        So unless I was being told porkies they already seem to be wearing these.
        The navy have been doing this for years. There doesn't seem to be any real set down guide lines for things like this in the defence forces. It really is just whatever the perso ahead of you says looks grand.

        I always find it funny how the navy in general have good understanding of the army rank structure and titles while the army look at the navy rank markings with 2 heads. I'm sure its to do with frequency of seeing them but isn't it in basic training for AR and PDF army?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          I always find it funny how the navy in general have good understanding of the army rank structure and titles while the army look at the navy rank markings with 2 heads.
          I wouldnt say two heads now more along the lines of a whaaaaa is daaaaat sort of look with a squinty head to the side.
          Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

          Comment


          • #35
            Suppose its a case of being a subsidiary to the army we were required to learn their ranks..but no so much as a priorty with them as 90% o soldiers would never encounter naval personel..unless they were seriosulyy lost!
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

            Comment


            • #36
              I ran into a Naval officer once in DPM (Green Rank markings with Black insignia). They had been in Naval uniform the day before. I asked why they had changed. Seemingly they had just been attached to an Army unit for a few days and as such wore DPM. The day before they were still officially part of their naval unit and wore Navy uniform. The DPM uniform had been issued by the unit they were attached to. Not sure where they got the DPM Naval Rank Markings.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Docman View Post
                I ran into a Naval officer once in DPM (Green Rank markings with Black insignia). They had been in Naval uniform the day before. I asked why they had changed. Seemingly they had just been attached to an Army unit for a few days and as such wore DPM. The day before they were still officially part of their naval unit and wore Navy uniform. The DPM uniform had been issued by the unit they were attached to. Not sure where they got the DPM Naval Rank Markings.
                Overseas Missions introduced the rank markings for N.S. personnel for DPM dress.
                As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

                Comment


                • #38
                  So have the NS personnel doing base duties started wearing DPM yet?

                  Members of the AC are wearing it now, with the appropriate subdued green
                  version of the AC rank markings for the DPM uniform
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                    So have the NS personnel doing base duties started wearing DPM yet?

                    Members of the AC are wearing it now, with the appropriate subdued green
                    version of the AC rank markings for the DPM uniform
                    No not yet.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X