Krakatoa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krakatoa.

This video is surprising. It's about a new kind of EFP, from a series called 'Futureweapons' which airs in the US, hosted by an extremely irritating former Navy SEAL, rabbiting on about the latest advances in weapons technology.

After the first four minutes, you may be wondering why I posted it in the Naval Section. Keep watching. I was very surprised.

NTM
    Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

I enjoyed that, Its nice to see good PR work like that being done for the Navy.

Thank Cali
    British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
    Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

Originally posted by California Tanker View Post
      ...from a series called 'Futureweapons' which airs in the US, hosted by an extremely irritating former Navy SEAL, rabbiting on about the latest advances in weapons...

I can't watch this show because of this host. I can't quite finger what it is that makes him so annoying, but he seems to have that effect on a lot of people !!!

Later.
      No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Originally posted by strummer View Post
        I can't watch this show because of this host. I can't quite finger what it is that makes him so annoying, but he seems to have that effect on a lot of people !!!

Later.
        The guy on GI factory was almost as bad.

Good to see Peter Snow doing shows for Military Channel though.

NTM

Comment

I'm sure the US navy were impressed, thinking....Isn't that the boat that was "protecting" us last time we were in Cob-h?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Cool video. Pity they hadn't put a net underwater to catch the metal - Or would the shockwave of the explosion through the water have broken it? I'll direct that one at Yellowjacket.

Comment

The part of the bay they carried that out in is extremely deep. VLCCs can manouver with ease there. Also the currents are very strong. If they could find it, it would be difficult to decide where to look.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by strummer View Post

Later.
                My buddy knows him. I'll ask him what he's "really" like.
                Meh.

Comment

Real E.F.P.: Pocket-Sized Tank Killer

Defensetech did a few stories on these for the past few weeks. Apparently being used in iraq in crude form

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/003285.html

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/003281.html

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/003276.html
                  "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Ok.

Conversation went like this

Me: "So you know your friend that's on the TV show?"

My Friend: "Which one?"

Me: "The navy dude who does the thing"

My Friend: "You'll need to elaborate"

Me: "The guy, the one you know!"

My Friend: "uh.....'

Me: "The one everyone thinks is an asshole! The guy on Future Weapons!"

My Friend "Oh... I don't know that guy, I know Hunter Ellis. He did Tactical to Practical. That other guy on Future Weapons is a real Gobshite!*"

* My friend has been picking up on my vocabulary.
                    Meh.

Comment

Ive no sound on my PC but it seems like an evolution of the shaped charge.
                      Is it some sort of a thermite mix?
                      Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Very basicly its a concave metal plate with a an explosive charge behind it. When the charge goes off, the pressure forces the centre of the concave to snap through. the rest of the plate then "forms" (behind the faster moving centre.) as a shaped projectile.

Last edited by ZULU; 19 February 2007, 11:12.
                        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

ok, that's neat, is it in service with the NS?
                          Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Wasn't there an artillery shell (SADARM?) that had an EFP penetrator in the early 1990s? Not sure if it ever entered service though.

Comment

Yes.

CBU-97/CBU-105 are cluster munitions which use the same sensor-fuzed technology. SADARM M895 rounds have also entered limited service.

NTM

Comment

Working...
                              X