Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sea stallion from denmark to Dublin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sea stallion from denmark to Dublin

    Seeing we are all friends again - I have been tracking the ship from denmark all week
    good reading - should be a bit of crack for discussion

    http://www.rte.ie/vikings/index.html

  • #2
    Originally posted by moggy View Post
    Seeing we are all friends again - I have been tracking the ship from denmark all week
    good reading - should be a bit of crack for discussion

    http://www.rte.ie/vikings/index.html
    No joke rowing - had to row a boat last week out to an island. Next time I'll look for the outboard.
    Is there a support vessel with this boat?
    The army grey blankets look familiar in the photo section.
    Last edited by Test Pilot; 20 July 2007, 22:15.

    Comment


    • #3
      Fair fecks to them. Its bad enough being cooped up with 4 on a 40ft let alone that many on an open deck. The smell I tell ya, the smell!!
      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
        No joke rowing - had to row a boat last week out to an island. Next time I'll look for the outboard.
        Is there a support vessel with this boat?
        The army grey blankets look familiar in the photo section.
        yeah there is a support vessell 24/7 - they are presently changing crew and support vessell - L.E. Roisin to escort to Dublin when they make it near dublin it was funny to see them being towed across the north sea on the gps system - no much rowing yet

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by moggy View Post
          yeah there is a support vessell 24/7 - they are presently changing crew and support vessell - L.E. Roisin to escort to Dublin when they make it near dublin it was funny to see them being towed across the north sea on the gps system - no much rowing yet
          here is another site
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/program...ge/video.shtml

          Comment


          • #6
            My girlfriend asked me a good question about this last week. Why are we recreating the raids on our monasteries & ports that cost so many lives and so much gold and other riches.

            Comment


            • #7
              They're not recreating the raids. Well whaterver goes on down in Templebar when they arrive, I'll turn a blind eye to

              They're recreating a voyage that until now, was only speculated upon. The equipment, the technology, the social obstacles involved with coming to Ireland by this means. And if they do it well and conclusivley prove that it can be done, it lends weight to the historical evidence suggesting Columbus / Amerigo were not among the first people to cross the atlantic. Hence a re-writing of history.
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                They're not recreating the raids. Well whaterver goes on down in Templebar when they arrive, I'll turn a blind eye to

                They're recreating a voyage that until now, was only speculated upon. The equipment, the technology, the social obstacles involved with coming to Ireland by this means. And if they do it well and conclusivley prove that it can be done, it lends weight to the historical evidence suggesting Columbus / Amerigo were not among the first people to cross the atlantic. Hence a re-writing of history.
                here we go again the ship is leaving dublin next sunday @ 1200 noon
                festival to be held in dublin port before she leaves????

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hardy times

                  Nice looking vessel. Imagine the moral fiber of the individuals who origionally crewed those ships. Hardy!. Not to mention good navigators.

                  It's no wonder they pillaged and plundered....they were Fe*K'n freezing!

                  ATTACK THAT ATTIC WITH A STEYR!......AHH!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X