Half Mast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Mast?

Lads, does any one know why the flag is at half mast in Haulbowline?

Lads, does any one know why the flag is at half mast in Haulbowline?
    I don't know if its the same reason but the flags in 4 W Bde are at half mast because a serving Lt Col died and is being buried today.
    "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
    Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
      I don't know if its the same reason but the flags in 4 W Bde are at half mast because a serving Lt Col died and is being buried today.
      Thanks for that, Viking.

Comment

some body might have replied under the wrong posting...no disrespect intended i believe.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
          some body might have replied under the wrong posting...no disrespect intended i believe.
          Woops! Sorry about that!

Comment

ooops It was my understanding about deaths and flags half masted....sorry
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

There were a lot of 'half masts' in the Navy in the early years and it had nothing to do with deaths.
              For some strange reason the fatigues (working rig) that was issued would shrink after the first wash, no matter how careful you were. Every one used to go around with the legs of the trousers at half mast. Others would draw a larger leg so that they would shrink to a reasonable size. However the problem was that the waist would shrink also and you ended up with a bunch of 'Rasher Tierney's' all with buttons on the waist band being redundant, large safety pins bridging the gap or depending on the fly buttons to keep the trousers up.
              If some think I'm joking, I'm not. Can someone else vouch for this?
              And all because they were the cheapest quote in the tender.
              Last edited by Test Pilot; 30 July 2007, 18:15.

Comment

Dontcha just love Tangents...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  Dontcha just love Tangents...
                  Ah, don't worry Goldie, its only a small one!

Comment

Yeah was a victim of the half mast syndrome myself...if you tailored the dress trousers to rest on the top of the parade boots you were caught short when it came to wearing shoes!

Working dress lol......lenght of the trousers diminished after every wash..but the excess in other areas never changed.

Was quite fashionable for dress trousers to be short in the leg...just hope you were wearing black sox

As for the rubber buttons in the WD trousers...never really trusted myself with safety pin in that particular region...

But back on topic before some one notices...

Comment

Working...
                    X