Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asgard 2, Want to go sailing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Asgard 2, Want to go sailing?

    INTERESTED IN SAILING ABOARD Asgard II ?


    Berths are available aboard the National Sail Training Vessel “Asgard II”

    Places now available on the following voyages :

    Voyage No.......Join...............Disembark.......Dates. ...............16 to 24 years........25 years & over
    2007/22...........Waterford......Cork.............12 Nov – 20 Nov.........€216....................€288
    2007/23...........Cork.............Cork..............21 Nov – 28 Nov........€189....................€252
    2007/24...........Cork.............Dublin............29 Nov – 06 Dec.........€189...................€252
    2007/25...........Dublin...........Dublin............07 Dec – 14 Dec.........€189...................€252


    IF INTERESTED, PLEASE TELEPHONE
    Ann or Aisling at (01) 679 2169
    Or Email: info@irishsailtraining.com

    LIMITED AVAILABILITY

    FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!!


    Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

  • #2
    I was lucky enough to have a week long trip on the Asgard a few years ago and I'd highly recommend it to anyone, great crack, and a fair price.
    SALUTE:- Formal if infrequently observed wave at an officer usually followed by "hows it going sir ?"

    Comment


    • #3
      **** the Asgard, If you want to do some real sailing get in a dinghy: www.gisc.ie you'll have brilliant craic.
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
        **** the Asgard, If you want to do some real sailing get in a dinghy: www.gisc.ie you'll have brilliant craic.
        Your wind assisted bathtubs, while saileys are not the property of the Minister for Defence, therefore their inclusion is irrelevant and off topic to this thread.


        Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          Your wind assisted bathtubs, while saileys are not the property of the Minister for Defence, therefore their inclusion is irrelevant and off topic to this thread.
          Is the Asgard property of the Min of Defence?
          There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today Chatfield
          Admiral of the Fleet David Beatty, 1st Earl Beatty GCB OM GCVO

          Comment


          • #6
            I was on the Guard of Honour for its launch. We were all very hung-over after spending the night in the Curragh. Had to get into No.1 dress on the bus when it was going 60 miles of hour because we were running late.

            Charles Haughey did the launch, but I remember it took about 6 tries to break the bottle against the hull.

            Alan

            Comment


            • #7
              You weren’t as hung over as the O I/C of the GOH...

              S/Lt B O'S. We had him up half the night, full of pints, rehearsing his orders with a cardboard cutout we found in some Curragh Billett. It was a miracle he did not barf on our glorious leader. BO'S survived the ordeal to be paraded for allowing the GOH to stop and relieve themselves on the side of the Cork Dublin road. Some concerned citizen objected to the sight of 50 or so Naval penii being waved in her direction.

              Glorious days indeed....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jolly_Jack View Post
                S/Lt B O'S. We had him up half the night, full of pints, rehearsing his orders with a cardboard cutout we found in some Curragh Billett. It was a miracle he did not barf on our glorious leader. BO'S survived the ordeal to be paraded for allowing the GOH to stop and relieve themselves on the side of the Cork Dublin road. Some concerned citizen objected to the sight of 50 or so Naval penii being waved in her direction.

                Glorious days indeed....
                I was also on the same guard of honour - great crack in the mess the night before
                many sore heads that saturday morning i remember Aisling was fairly new and spotless and anchored out in the bay in arklow .

                It was a long journey home???
                remember all the guard of honour lined up pissing in one direction on the way home
                a few cars did pass ( oh well)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by moggy View Post
                  I was also on the same guard of honour - great crack in the mess the night before
                  many sore heads that saturday morning i remember Aisling was fairly new and spotless and anchored out in the bay in arklow .

                  It was a long journey home???
                  remember all the guard of honour lined up pissing in one direction on the way home
                  a few cars did pass ( oh well)
                  Well I remember a trip to the range in Kinsale in 1981, in a claped out army truck, painted blue by hand. One of the 'Skinnies' asked the officer if we could stop at the supermarket in Carrigaline to get some minerals. As he said yes and before he could lay down conditions, the entire group had disapeared over the tail gate and into the supermarket, complete with FN's on shoulders, and not one full uniform between the lot of them! There were bottles of 'minerals' alright, made in Clonmel and by the time we reached the range not one target was hit. It was agreed in the back of the truck that we would have a competition to see how long it would take to shoot the flag down on the buts ! I have the photo to prove it!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    complete with FN's on shoulders, and not one full uniform between the lot of them!
                    ah the good old 'bastard rig' ...combat jackets and working derss trousers or overcoats with green combat trousers amongts other great mixes.

                    something akin to pirates. If some one had stopped the truck to check on the contents they could all have been mistaken for mujahadeen or something similar.

                    Ships range practises were alos very interesting dress affairs . I once remember escorting a range practise to ballincollig dressed in green combat jacket...working derss trousers..a green flak jacket green helmet..belt and pouches..and the white front showing above it all.
                    Goldie fish
                    Tim Horgan
                    Last edited by Goldie fish; 7 December 2007, 03:55.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I remember my ships rig, working shirt with sleves ripped off, and a leather bikers jacked and my kamikaze head band, can't remember if this was on Eithne, Aoife or Grainne though or maybe it was a combination of all three.

                      Will have to search for my old pictures.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AlanF View Post
                        I remember my ships rig, working shirt with sleves ripped off, and a leather bikers jacked and my kamikaze head band, can't remember if this was on Eithne, Aoife or Grainne though or maybe it was a combination of all three.

                        Will have to search for my old pictures.
                        all 3 believe me ????

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X