LE Eithne, SAR Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Eithne, SAR Mission

To all envolved on the SAR mission on 14/01/08, location not to be discussed, for obvious security reasons.:wink:
    Although this crew are probably still at sea, I feel I have to say the crew of the LE Eithne showed to us (Irish Coast Guard Helicopter) first of all the speedy responce and the skill of the crew, to successfully evacuate a injured French fishing man. Initialy to there own ship and we then could lift him off the deck of the Eithne. It was imposible for us to lift the injured man from the fishing vessel due to a completely cluttered deck. So without your help the injuried man would have had to travel in the vessel to the nearest port to then be transfered to hospital. I am told by the A&E staff that the injuried man's eye was saved but this was down to the abilty to evecuate him from sea and get him to hospital rapidly. I was told that if he made the journey by sea it would not have been good for the eye and on told damage would have occoured to the eye.
    Well done to all envolved and all I have left to say is that it is a credit to you training and ability what a great job you performed that night hats off.
    Although I have walked in the valley of the shadows of death I fear no evil...

Well done to all involved. Heres hoping the tabloid media run with this story in the same energetic manner they run with the "silly" DF stories.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      Well done to all involved. Heres hoping the tabloid media run with this story in the same energetic manner they run with the "silly" DF stories.
      its a pity not much said on news just navy vessell going to distress - people are more interested in bertie's bank account - sad

Comment

It is sad , i 100% agree , the fact that our own country isn't proud of the fine work the Navy is doing

Comment

Problem is these stories don't get the press they warrant and have limit sales appeal

Crooked politicians are of far more interest to the public

There have been thousands of incidents such as this that go unreported.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            Problem is these stories don't get the press they warrant and have limit sales appeal

Crooked politicians are of far more interest to the public

There have been thousands of incidents such as this that go unreported.
            Maybe if the DF/NS made a bit more of an effort on the PR/media relations side.....

Comment

Well done to the crew of the LE Eithne and the SAR team involved. It just shows what can be done when it has to be done
              Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
              http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

The Pr department neds a good kick up the hole

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                  Maybe if the DF/NS made a bit more of an effort on the PR/media relations side.....
                  Maybe if the DF actualy had a PR /Communications capability

instead of throwing a spare Officer with a jutting jaw into a job

where he reacts to incidents

rather than operates in a proactive manner
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                    Maybe if the DF actualy had a PR /Communications capability

instead of throwing a spare Officer with a jutting jaw into a job

where he reacts to incidents

rather than operates in a proactive manner

Sounds like a job application.... Gets my vote... Anyone who can come up with a triple alliteration - "...jutting jaw into a job..." - and use the word 'proactive', clearly has a talent in this area.

Comment

Next time you are up to your ring in doing the job in shite weather..bleeding fishermen and all the other factors give the PR department a call.. I 'm sure they do the same hours as those who actually work for a living

While you sleep and have a few pints with your mates there is some poor bastrad doing look out exposed in all weathers wondering does any body give a shit.....do you think of the PR dept then....?

Think not...even now these things occur to me and it offends me to think that people never even known that we have people out doing the job in conditions that we just adjust the thermostat for.

When you do the time in these posts and are qualified to give a valid opinion and realise they are not there for the PR..then register the opinion..in the mean time just be thankful that these people are there!"
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

If you are that concerned about the publicity then E-Mail your local rag to publish any details they may lay their hands on. Moannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
                        As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

Pr

I personnally do not do my job for PR, in fact if I did I would have given up a long time ago. The only time I have or the crew of the day made the news is when there has been a fatality or in some cases multiple fatality's, again Irelands media is not concerned about good news.
                          I do my job to help people who need helping not to get some article in the paper or on the news by some journo who knows nothing about my job and nothing about the condidtions I have just experienced. If they are tucked up in bed let them stay there. No ofference to the journo's but they will only talk to in our case the aircraft commander, not the lads on the cold face who have been hanging out of a helicopter and working there ass of on a patient. Excuse me if I sound bitter but I am not you only ever get the commanders side of the story.
                          For example on the job this thread was started about, do you think the sea-rider crew ever would have been asked to talk to the media, not that on the job the commander was in the picture throughout the mission, my point is with out the skill of that sea-rider crew, a french man would be looking through one eye today. Not withstanding everyone on the ship played there part, thanks to the two lads who helped me on the deck!!
                          Although I have walked in the valley of the shadows of death I fear no evil...

Comment

[QUOTE=armedboarder;192816]If you are that concerned about the publicity then E-Mail your local rag to publish any details they may lay their hands on. Moannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.[/QUOTE

You both have a point - did anyone look at the trawler tragedy last thur night
                            'Pere Charles' etc

not much mention of the navy all mentionrd was the coastguard
                            they did mention once that garda and navy divers found no bodies on board
                            this is what the navy is up against????

Comment

where we (both Army and Navy ) do the work because we like it

its nice to be recognised- and congragulated for it

an effect PR department within DFHQ

should be plugging us morning noon and night on every type of forumn

I personally couldnt care as I am quiet shy

but it would be nice for my son to come home from school and see

positive Military images on the papers and on the telly
                              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                              X