Absolute Disgrace.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolute Disgrace.

Last edited by rosser; 23 July 2008, 22:10.

Happens to army RDF recruits as well

Comment

ya I have seen this on the base as well and it looks awful. Reserves are always being slated by PDF and this doesn't help the cause at all.everything that was said above.

Comment

Ah, the good old rant. "Get off your asses and do something about it". If you leave it up to someone else it'll never get done !

Sheep
        As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

Originally posted by armedboarder View Post
          Ah, the good old rant. "Get off your asses and do something about it". If you leave it up to someone else it'll never get done !

Sheep
          Please do tell what you would reccomend that one should do in order to get it done?

We have the same situation with our infantry recruits. Our current crop have no cap badges those that have boots have a mix of 24bs and Magnums (lucky bastards) and there were 4 that we're given moth eaten second hand kit from the stores.

The Q has been petitioned as far as I know even the Coy Cmdr has even got involved in asking the cadre.

So if you know of a better way than literaly launching a raid on the central stores please let us all know. As official means don't work.
          "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Don't even have to be a reserve recruit to be dressed as outlined..sounds like our first week as recruits in The NS albeit 23 years ago..some things never change.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Oh great.... Its old saliors story time, the highlight of anyones day.
              Can u post some photos, Please.

PS
              Just for the record I mailed Duffman how to approach the problem within his unit.
              Last edited by armedboarder; 25 March 2008, 23:12.

Comment

In fairness, I blame the Officers/ncos responsible for the training of these people.
                Its all, or not at all.

Uniform means Uniform.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

That kind of communication needs to be pushed from the bottom up.

Comment

I know little about anything,

but i do think that it's incredible that recruits are wearing part of a uniform. In my own unit there are people who have been waiting over a year for a one. It's frustrating but the officers and NCO's are doing their best to push the powers that be. It's in no ones interest to have recruits square bashing in civvies.

I would say however that not having uniforms strait away is not always a bad thing. I understand the need to retain people once they enter the barracks but I think it can be a test of character, if someone gets fed-up and quits because they haven't been issued a uniform right away (and ive met a few) i don't think they're the kind recruits you want to be training. its a quick and cheap way to weed out those that shouldn't be there. makes life easyer for everyone,

but thats just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by sulla View Post
                      I know little about anything,

but i do think that it's incredible that recruits are wearing part of a uniform. In my own unit there are people who have been waiting over a year for a one. It's frustrating but the officers and NCO's are doing their best to push the powers that be. It's in no ones interest to have recruits square bashing in civvies.

I would say however that not having uniforms strait away is not always a bad thing. I understand the need to retain people once they enter the barracks but I think it can be a test of character, if someone gets fed-up and quits because they haven't been issued a uniform right away (and ive met a few) i don't think they're the kind recruits you want to be training. its a quick and cheap way to weed out those that shouldn't be there. makes life easyer for everyone,

but thats just my opinion.
                      You are missing the point. The problem here is that recruits are wearing a portion of th euniform, while wearing civvies at the same time, while training. Thats right out of order.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Im sorry if i didn't make myself clear, what i meant was that rather than being given part of a unifrom which was available, recruits in my unit had to wait for long periods until they were issued a full one, rather than have a few scraps thrown at them.
                        Which im sure everyone will agree is the correct procedure. i think that that feeling has already been established on the thread and consensus has been reached. What i was saying was probably tangental and perhaps better suited to another thread, if so i do apologise.

to get back to the extended rant which this thread has become;

Its a F****** outrage! what were those bloodly officers thinking?! it brings disgrace to the uniform and, as far as im concerned, is a chargable offence! all military commonsense aside, WHERE'S THE PRIDE!? for the love and mercy of F****.
                        If there's any senior NSR big wig skimming these posts, get it sorted!......SIR

Comment

Blame the Officers, this Rec Recruit training was organised by the NS in Jan to take place in March, the NS had almost 3 months to organise kit for the Recs going on training. NSR officers and NCOs have been requesting kit for these guys, I would like to commend the Cse OC for having the balls to highlight the problems with the lack of kit. I presume they are the talk of the base, hopefully then Flag might ask a few questions at coffee and the lads will get their kit.
                          The CSU issues kit not the NSR.
                          Do you really belive that we don't care about our people?

Comment

The dublin recs were bused to the base in early march for a day round trip. The reason was for kit issue and a tour to make sure they knew were they were to go for this course. Well they came back aright, with 'kit' part of working rig, no berets, one got a badge, as for No.1's, I'm not even going there...don't blame the NSR Leaders nor the NS Stores.....its the system and mentality!!!!!!! yes its an absolute disgrace

Comment

Seems to me that the best way of sorting problems like this out (and it's worked in the past) is to take few photo's and give one of the papers a call!!!

Just watch the head shed fall over themselves to issue kit then..........................

Another good one (and I've seen this work too) is when some poor recruit gets issued part worn or used kit and develops a rash, their mammy/daddy phones up the OC and threatens them with the papers or worse.

I know no one would like to do it, but sometimes it has to be done!!!!!
                              Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

Working...
                              X