Leave of Absence from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave of Absence from

So, a company is Australia has made me an offer I cannot refuse, a combination of money, training and life experience I cannot in good conscience turn down. This means I need to excuse myself from the NSR for a good while, at least a year. I am in the Dublin NSR, I have been told i need to write a letter to the Commander about this.

Does anyone know who he is, what format this letter should take, and what it should contain?
    Last edited by Hot Dog; 27 April 2008, 14:44.

Hi Hot Dog I am in a similar situation.
    First off I spoke to my PDF cadre staff about it and basically what they said was write a letter address to your Coy Cmdr stating name rank and army no. requesting a leave of absence from the RDF due to being out the county for work. One point to note is that a Leave of absense only lasts for a year before you have to get a new one so. If you get one remeber that.
    In my case I got it because when I spoke to my Coy Cmdr he said listen take the leave of absence over going on your ticket, so that if things dont work out over there you can cme back and we dont have to faff about with paperwork trying to reinstate you. If things work out then go on your ticket.
    Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Go on your ticket? What does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Dog View Post
        Go on your ticket? What does that mean?
        once you hit auzz the nsr will never enter your mind again. auzz is full of ex navy guys who have made a lot of money 3 who i know own companys of their own as they are willing to work hard not like the aussies who are too fond of the beach and surf and chasing sheialas//

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
          once you hit auzz the nsr will never enter your mind again. auzz is full of ex navy guys who have made a lot of money 3 who i know own companys of their own as they are willing to work hard not like the aussies who are too fond of the beach and surf and chasing sheialas//
          Although totally off topic, tell me more about how i will make loads of money over the natives?

Comment

HD,"to go on your ticket" means to get your final discharge,ie, ticket of leave.In older times, you actually got a docket entered in your discharge book to that effect.Your discharge book is the document (a book) with all of your Service details in it, for future employers to read about you.
            regards
            GttC

Comment

So, a company is Australia has made me an offer I cannot refuse, a combination of money, training and life experience I cannot in good conscience turn down. This means I need to excuse myself from the NSR for a good while, at least a year. I am in the Dublin NSR, I have been told i need to write a letter to the Commander about this.

Does anyone know who he is, what format this letter should take, and what it should contain?
              seen that your only in the nsr a month now why don't you approach the recruiting nco or officer, there to help you make the right decision.

Comment

Quote from DFR R5
                Limitation as to residence.
                52. (1) Except as provided herein a member shall not reside outside the State or engage in any
                occupation which would necessitate his leaving the State for a continuous period of more than six
                months.
                (2) The Officer Commanding the Unit may permit a reservist to reside outside the State for
                a period of not more than six months.
                (3) An Officer Commanding a Reserve Brigade or Group Officer Naval Service Reserve
                may permit an officer to reside outside the State for a period of not more than twelve months.
                (4) Notwithstanding the provisions of subparagraphs (2) and (3) the Deputy Chief of Staff
                (Support) may permit an officer or a reservist to reside outside the State for a period of not more
                than two years.
                (5) A member granted permission to leave the State shall, on his or her return, immediately
                notify his or her arrival to the Officer Commanding the Unit concerned through the usual channels.
                If an officer fails so to notify his or her return on or before the date due, he or she shall be presumed
                to be resident, without permission, outside the State, and the question of his or her retention in the
                Defence Forces shall be forthwith considered.
                You need to write to DCOS (Support) - sending the letter through the chain of command (your officer (ie ensign/sub lieut)).

They will pass it on to your Coy Comdr, who will pass it on to the Group Commander, to FOCNS, who will pass it on to DCOS (Support).

Comment

The Australians will want to know about your military service. Find out what they need to know and what you need to say.
                  Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Although totally off topic, tell me more about how i will make loads of money over the natives?
                    work hard and keep trying to get the long working visa i. 4 years.. work on sponsorship from a company.. and stay away from the beer... now go earn some money.....

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post
                      The Australians will want to know about your military service. Find out what they need to know and what you need to say.
                      Thread about this elsewhere. I think others had problems here.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                        Thread about this elsewhere. I think others had problems here.
                        I was asked a few questions over the phone when they were processing my visa, never had any probs with it. There's a section on the visa application where it asks have you ever:

"served in a military force or state sponsored/private militia, undergone any military/paramilitary training, or been trained in weapons/explosives use (however described) other than in the course of compulsory national military service?"

I just gave them the contact details for my unit and that was that.

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                        not like the aussies who are too fond of the beach and surf and chasing sheialas//
                        That is so true...they like nothing more than knocking off early and getting the beers in. Employers love the Irish cos we work like maniacs to get the job done so we can knock off early and get the beers in

There's a lot of info on the following site for anyone thinking of applying for a visa....definately a must, I can't wait to get back there.

http://www.immi.gov.au/index.htm
                        http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/
                        Last edited by concussion; 29 April 2008, 11:48.
                        "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Ill be working in a gold mine in the outback, but will be i Perth for 5 days out of every 14. the fact that I had naval reserve on my CV helped get me this job in the first place I think.

Comment

Would that be a place that begins with bod about 150km from Perth if so, PM me
                            it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
                            Winston churchill

Comment

Ill be working in a gold mine in the outback, but will be i Perth for 5 days out of every 14. the fact that I had naval reserve on my CV helped get me this job in the first place I think.
                              Man Perth is expensive,very expensive so be warned. A few of our boys came back from there recently and they said it was dear. Kind of a boom there at the moment with oil and gas.
                              Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Working...
                              X