X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Marneilach

Ok . got your attention

We need to org a meet for all the former Eithne heads on 23rd of August

In fact any one who has served and who is a member here is requested to attend..and offspring and friends welcome

In relation to those who would have served within my time I need you to attend or my son will have me locked up for lying to him..kids these days don't comprehend!

Please can we have a reunion from the past seening as we seem to have some of the most prolific memories
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
    Ok . got your attention

In fact any one who has served and who is a member here is requested to attend..and offspring and friends welcome

In relation to those who would have served within my time I need you to attend or my son will have me locked up for lying to him..kids these days don't comprehend!

Please can we have a reunion from the past seening as we seem to have some of the most prolific memories
    yeah i am in - once we dont hear any breaks from laners??

Comment

Sorry Murph, Can't make it...........

Comment

Ok . got your attention

Murph, just show him the pictures on your homepage. It’s a pity you don't have a scratch and sniff picture of the forward heads after a couple of weeks out, that would make him sit up and listen... no respect.

Comment

Hiya Hpt
          have just resently found this website after someone googled my name and you mensioned me in one of your threads eithne times past.have to say memories came flooding back,seeing old photos,hard to believe some of those guys are no longer around
          just thought i would say hello, also hello to moggy (i first met him on my first day on EMER(generous-girl)i was QM down in the basin and as he stepped onboard he slipped he said "Jesus nearly went on my jimmy earwig"it was the most intelligent thing he ever said to me in all the time i knew him)
          Good to hear ye are both going well
          In relation to telling your kid old sea stories i`m pretty sure there are laws against traumatising kids.
          What do you mean abandon ship
          Are they taking requests?

Comment

Hi Damo,

Were you in the Eithne group photo on the flight deck, sitting in the front row in the center? I suspect it's you as there wern't many muff divers called Damo. If thats you, PM me.
            Also I got such a reaction to that photo I'd be happy to post it again in a larger file for those that want to print it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
              Hi Damo,

Were you in the Eithne group photo on the flight deck, sitting in the front row in the center? I suspect it's you as there wern't many muff divers called Damo. If thats you, PM me.
              Also I got such a reaction to that photo I'd be happy to post it again in a larger file for those that want to print it off.
              Hi Test Pilot
              Yeah that`s me de good lookin fella surrounded by some of de most uglest guys it has been my good fortune to meet
              have only found de site recently so have not got into using it much yet
              Sad to see some former comrades gone
              Good to see some clinging in there still

Comment

Ok . got your attention

Hiya again
                As regards reunion of Eithne heads have it on good authority if more than 4 congregate in one place at the same time de GARDA have de right to use letal force
                Does anyone remember Eithne dinner dance in Midleton in 86-87 if so could you tell me about it as have just blurry memories of it
                Have a recollection people of Midleton asked us not to return
                still feel weird even driving by de place in case they remember

Comment

Originally posted by damo de muff diver View Post
                  Hiya Hpt
                  have just resently found this website after someone googled my name and you mensioned me in one of your threads eithne times past.have to say memories came flooding back,seeing old photos,hard to believe some of those guys are no longer around
                  just thought i would say hello, also hello to moggy (i first met him on my first day on EMER(generous-girl)i was QM down in the basin and as he stepped onboard he slipped he said "Jesus nearly went on my jimmy earwig"it was the most intelligent thing he ever said to me in all the time i knew him)
                  Good to hear ye are both going well
                  In relation to telling your kid old sea stories i`m pretty sure there are laws against traumatising kids.
                  Thanks for that fine fine complement - does any if the following mean anything to you

1- Control to Pilltown
                  2- USS bonehead radio check on bridge P31 to USA.

Comment

Control to Piltown

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                    Thanks for that fine fine complement - does any if the following mean anything to you

1- Control to Pilltown
                    2- USS bonehead radio check on bridge P31 to USA.
                    Sent a reply not posted so will try again
                    1-would this be to a sergent whose son gave up flag waving to go into de culinery arts
                    2-would this be about that fine ship de yanks sent out to lead us into N.Y. so we would not get lost being hung-over from Bermuda

Does this mean anything to you
                    Did Bullethead stay in USA or did he come back to lead de Rathcole freedom fighters(headquarters:De Rathcole Bin)

Comment

Originally posted by damo de muff diver View Post
                      Sent a reply not posted so will try again
                      1-would this be to a sergent whose son gave up flag waving to go into de culinery arts
                      2-would this be about that fine ship de yanks sent out to lead us into N.Y. so we would not get lost being hung-over from Bermuda

Does this mean anything to you
                      Did Bullethead stay in USA or did he come back to lead de Rathcole freedom fighters(headquarters:De Rathcole Bin)
                      oh a very long story tell u later???/

Comment

1- Control to Pilltown
                        Believe it or not he is still 'in'

Oh god the social in Midleton...I thought the world was vomit coloured for weeks afterwards.

Yes its the famous...'what was all the noise last night lads' 'Damo' from the night we went on Operation Mallard...ring any bells Damo?

Oh...Wheres Coochie.?.Oh we just threw him over the side.!....yes it was you..the ring leader.!
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Where`s Coochie

Believe it or not he is still 'in'

Oh god the social in Midleton...I thought the world was vomit coloured for weeks afterwards.

Yes its the famous...'what was all the noise last night lads' 'Damo' from the night we went on Operation Mallard...ring any bells Damo?

Oh...Wheres Coochie.?.Oh we just threw him over the side.!....yes it was you..the ring leader.!
                          As every knows he was from Kildare and so needed to be dipped for various sheep related diseases every now & then, so it was my civic duty to make sure it was taken care of.Also if ever charged over it,would just use de standard defence(GUILTY BUT INSANE SIR!)

Comment

where coochie

coochie is back around shagging sheep the last i heard,if not he is over the border with Meath men

Comment

Of Course you were never charged with it ...he fell..

bit like the night you and I were on Duty for Frankie Troys fiftieth birth day and the ceremonial 'L.E. Eithne' Life bouy fell over the side ..we were trying to fish it out with heaving lines as the guests were departing and we were hiding behind the big bollard..

It was never the same afterward ....fell between the ships side and the wall...was kind of oval shaped when we eventually got it back!

Comment

Working...
                              X