RMS LEINSTER 90th years on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMS LEINSTER 90th years on

A good day held in dunlaoghaire - Orla came alongside just before the service
    good pr for the navy

I've dived on her several times, a sobering place where about 500 souls perished.

( just re read that post and would like to make it clear that I am talking about the wreck of The Leinster )
    Last edited by Joshua; 11 October 2008, 20:10.
    Support the Search Function.

Comment

I was wondering who the Orla was that you had dived on several times... did Mrs J know.

The RMS Leinster thing to me is actually a very small part of the history of the losses suffered at sea around Ireland ,and Irish people as opposed to the Luisitania which was mostly foreigners, but the other tow of note are the 'Waterford steamers' SS Formby and Coiningbeg
      Last edited by hptmurphy; 11 October 2008, 20:24.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
        I was wondering who the Orla was that you had dived on several times... did Mrs J know.

The RMS Leinster thing to me is actually a very small part of the history of the losses suffered at sea around Ireland ,and Irish people as opposed to the Luisitania which was mostly foreigners, but the other tow of note are the 'Waterford steamers' SS Formby and Coiningbeg
        there were more people drowned (irish)on the leinster then any other ship
        in the irish sea??

Comment

there were more people drowned (irish)on the leinster then any other ship
          in the irish sea??
          I don't argue the point , its just that the leinster seems to overshadow other ships like those mentioned above and the fact that they were from smaller centres of population and that the losses of thoses lives all though less numerically would have had equal impact from smaller towns, cities etc
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
          X