Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peace Park opening Naval Bling Bling!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peace Park opening Naval Bling Bling!

    Hallo Gents,

    going through the pictures at the recent Peace Park Monument

    opening in Castlebar, Co. Mayo, on high resolution I noticed this chaps awards.

    Not being to clued up on the "uniform" can anybody say what Association he belongs too?

    Are we to take it he has X + X + 21 = 42 years service in the F.C.A. / S.M. Reserve

    Plus another X + X service for a grand total of 62 years service

    To anybody not familiar with Irish awards, that would seem to be the message

    indicated by the wearing of two Reserve Service Medals.

    Connaught Stranger

    [Mod: Attachment removed, no need to go identifying people]

    EDIT: Zulu, Moderator of the Naval thread gave me the go ahead to repost the pictures
    here either in full view or with blanked out faces, as they were taken in the Public Domain.

    I choose the second option to spare the feelings of any people reading this thread.
    Attached Files
    Connaught Stranger
    Lt Colonel
    Last edited by Connaught Stranger; 17 October 2008, 21:03.

  • #2
    He was in uniform before youze was in liquid form!
    regards
    GttC

    Comment


    • #3
      He doesn't look 70 old years old

      Oh! another member of Brian Baru's Naval Reserve

      Connaught Stranger:wink:
      Connaught Stranger
      Lt Colonel
      Last edited by Connaught Stranger; 15 October 2008, 08:38.

      Comment


      • #4
        He's either seriously extracting the urine or he is wearing one for someone else!!
        Go Mairidís Beo

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Traumagod View Post

          He's either seriously extracting the urine or he is wearing one for someone else!!
          Even so, the first medal has two (2) "X" bars and a "21" bar

          I know a few lads who were always pi**ed about the cheapskate answer to additional service years by the changing of a ribbon and adding a "X" bar, both in the PDF & FCA / RDF.

          Connaught Stranger

          Comment


          • #6
            The 'uniform' at least the crest is Naval Association.

            42 years service wouldn't be uncommon but have never seen it awarded with two seperate medals , probably of his own design.

            It would be possible to under 60 years of age with 42 years service.

            regarding wearing other people awards i.e. those of a relative, should be worn on the right breast of the jacket.

            If he were to have 62 years service he would have enlisted as a foetus.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

            Comment


            • #7
              If he were to have 62 years service he would have enlisted as a foetus.[/QUOTE]

              Well he was in the Navy so he could have joined as a semen........



              Sorry sorry sorry, couldn't resist!
              Go Mairidís Beo

              Comment


              • #8
                The trend of adding to your official awards is not confined to the

                Naval Service Associations.

                Seems this old timer from I.U.N.V.A. forgot to add his "X" bar

                or else he donated it to a Naval veteran

                Connaught Ranger
                Attached Files
                Connaught Stranger
                Lt Colonel
                Last edited by Connaught Stranger; 17 October 2008, 21:04.

                Comment


                • #9
                  na ye have it all wrong.. after 21years he became a reborn christian and found jesus. so started a new life and got a new medal and they all lived happily blah blah blah....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Seems this old timer from I.U.N.V.A. forgot to add his "X" bar
                    Hasn't got the Nobel peace medal either
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                      Hasn't got the Nobel peace medal either
                      you can buy that on the internet too

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
                        Hallo Gents,

                        going through the pictures at the recent Peace Park Monument

                        opening in Castlebar, Co. Mayo, on high resolution I noticed this chaps awards.

                        Not being to clued up on the "uniform" can anybody say what Association he belongs too?

                        Are we to take it he has X + X + 21 = 42 years service in the F.C.A. / S.M. Reserve

                        Plus another X + X service for a grand total of 62 years service

                        To anybody not familiar with Irish awards, that would seem to be the message

                        indicated by the wearing of two Reserve Service Medals.

                        Connaught Stranger
                        he got the 1st medal for been a ' horizontal chief ' for years and then when rdfra came along he woke up and got the 2nd one for that time done. can't recall him been in uniform ever, properly that is or even in a boat for that matter.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
                          Hallo Gents,

                          going through the pictures at the recent Peace Park Monument

                          opening in Castlebar, Co. Mayo, on high resolution I noticed this chaps awards.

                          Not being to clued up on the "uniform" can anybody say what Association he belongs too?

                          Are we to take it he has X + X + 21 = 42 years service in the F.C.A. / S.M. Reserve

                          Plus another X + X service for a grand total of 62 years service

                          To anybody not familiar with Irish awards, that would seem to be the message

                          indicated by the wearing of two Reserve Service Medals.

                          Connaught Stranger


                          What exactly are you saying are you accusing these two exers of something

                          if so have the bollix to say it

                          I resent the fact you published the pictures of 2 ex service men here

                          they probably dont even know they are being accused of something

                          grow a set of danglies and challenge them openly

                          this incessentant hunting for 'Walts' as per those ass holes on arrse sickens

                          then tits of me

                          this is bullying at its lowest form
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What a mouth piece, I am not worried about what you resent, you are a mere speck in the w.w.w., if they are out in Public wearing medals, then its fair game to pass comment, you get issued with one type of service medal with one version of a ribbon for x-number of years, then you get another ribbon and bar with "X" on it, in the R.D.F. Force you now can add a bar with "21" on it when appropriate.

                            I never called anybody a "Walt" what these gents are doing is known as "padding out" their medal bar to look better.

                            Also I am aware that there are regulations pertaining to what you can do and can not do with regards the wearing of Irish Military Medals.

                            With regards the "Walts" there is nothing more sickening to a person who has served, and some have shed blood in their service than to have a complete nobody, who never had the balls to serve go round posing as a serving or ex-member member of the military.

                            Connaught Stranger.




                            Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                            What exactly are you saying are you accusing these two exers of something

                            if so have the bollix to say it

                            I resent the fact you published the pictures of 2 ex service men here

                            they probably dont even know they are being accused of something

                            grow a set of danglies and challenge them openly

                            this incessentant hunting for 'Walts' as per those ass holes on arrse sickens

                            then tits of me

                            this is bullying at its lowest form

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
                              With regards the "Walts" there is nothing more sickening to a person who has served, and some have shed blood in their service than to have a complete nobody, who never had the balls to serve go round posing as a serving or ex-member member of the military.

                              Connaught Stranger.
                              I totally agree with CS on the above. I think it's disgusting that these kind of people can attend memorial parades and pass themselves off with there internet purchased medals.

                              It should be made a criminal offence!!.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X