• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Barry
    Lt General

• Barry
    replied
    Right, this is going nowhere fast, so it's getting locked. My previous post is now the standing policy on posting pictures - if you're going to go making accusations, blank out their faces and other identifying features.

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    Please find my reply included in your message- NOTE
    there is nothing personal in this- even though I object to your actions

Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
    Hallo Barry,

I edited the pictures to conceal the faces of the two gentlemen involved,

I even contacted ZULU (NAVAL MODERATOR) by P.M. to get his opinion with

posting the pictures, he said that the pictures could be posted either with faces covered

or uncovered as they are taken in the public domain, I chose to used the covered version.

Two members here at I.M.O. feel slighted that I chose to post these pictures, they have

inferred that:

1. my brother stalked these men, -
    Well he did take a picture of two elderly gents - you never once mentioned the fact he asked them for their permission- and he then sent by electronic means the pictures to you
    2. there is a campaign against them, -
    evidently you have
    3. that I am possibly not who I claim to be, (an exer with over 21 year service,)
    go on then give us your Bio
    4. now demands for my name and address.
    Sure why not- if you have the bollix to publish their pictures openly and anomymously accues these lads- then at least have the decency to print your name on here and let the lads come after you- rather than IMO as a whole
    (supposedly so the gentlemen can address this issue if they happen to read the thread).

Exactly

Yours, Connaught Stranger.

Leave a comment:

• Connaught Stranger
    Lt Colonel

• Connaught Stranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry View Post
    I wonder how long before someone finds and posts an embarassing photo of Connaught Stranger or a member of his family.....
    If you find some please feel free to post it.

Leave a comment:

• Malek
    Private 3*

• Malek
    replied
    Neither are you.

Right, listen knaves, for I am admin, and my word be law around these parts, and thus I speaketh: NO IDENTIFYING PEOPLE IF YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ACCUSATIONS ABOUT THEM.

"I saw a person wearing medals they might not be entitled to" is fair enough, but "here's their address, passport, car registration and a list of their fears", isn't allowed. This isn't arrse, we're not going to allow "walt hunting", as neither boomer or myself really fancy getting sued.
    I think you're right Barry, this one is flogged to death anyway, it's just starting to degenerate. Maybe it should be locked.

Leave a comment:

• Connaught Stranger
    Lt Colonel

• Connaught Stranger
    replied
    Neither are you.

Right, listen knaves, for I am admin, and my word be law around these parts, and thus I speaketh: NO IDENTIFYING PEOPLE IF YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ACCUSATIONS ABOUT THEM.

"I saw a person wearing medals they might not be entitled to" is fair enough, but "here's their address, passport, car registration and a list of their fears", isn't allowed. This isn't arrse, we're not going to allow "walt hunting", as neither boomer or myself really fancy getting sued.

Hallo Barry,

I edited the pictures to conceal the faces of the two gentlemen involved,

I even contacted ZULU (NAVAL MODERATOR) by P.M. to get his opinion with

posting the pictures, he said that the pictures could be posted either with faces covered

or uncovered as they are taken in the public domain, I chose to used the covered version.

Two members here at I.M.O. feel slighted that I chose to post these pictures, they have

inferred that:

1. my brother stalked these men,

2. there is a campaign against them,

3. that I am possibly not who I claim to be, (an exer with over 21 year service,)

4. now demands for my name and address.

(supposedly so the gentlemen can address this issue if they happen to read the thread).

Yours, Connaught Stranger.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    Lt General

• Barry
    replied
    Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
    You are NOT a Moderator, so do not try to act like one.:wink:
    Neither are you.

Leave a comment:

• Connaught Stranger
    Lt Colonel

• Connaught Stranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Malek View Post
    I take it you have taken sound legal advice on this one, bearing in mind that the photo of the UN Vet was a close up and could have been anywhere, public or private.

For your information Mr. Legal Expert, I have the original uncropped picture,
    that was taken in the car Park of the Davitt College,
    in Castlebar on the 7th of October 2008.

Connaught Stranger

Leave a comment:

• Connaught Stranger
    Lt Colonel

• Connaught Stranger
    replied
    Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    Who are you to deny anyone the right to privacy

the Constitution guarentees the privacy of everyone but

Connaught Stranger can pick on 2 elderly veterans and

because they are wearing something extra on there Blazers.

I woundlnt mind your campaign against these two lads if they appointed them selves

as holders of the DSM-

but you publicly try and humiliate 2 elderly gents anonymously for wearing an extra service medal

at least have the bollix to post your name and address on here so that these 2 old boys

can have a chance to defend themselves
    You, obviously are not paying attention to what the moderator of the Naval section, ZULU, posted here, he has no problem with my post and told me so, as the pictures were taken in the "PUBLIC DOMAIN" to hear you carry on one would think one of these gentlemen is related or known to you

You are NOT a Moderator, so do not try to act like one.:wink:

Under the rules of the Forum, as far as I can see I am not required to post my name and address, there is no campaign, or attempt to humiliate, and it makes no difference if it were a D.S.M. or a Irish Military Service medal, the principle remains the same.

If you did not get it as an official award DON'T WEAR IT IN PUBLIC!

Connaught Stranger

Leave a comment:

• Malek
    Private 3*

• Malek
    replied
    Originally posted by ZULU View Post
    I would refer everyone to read the forum rules at this stage of "discussion"

1. The user undertakes not to make use of or publish material that is obscene, libellous or defamatory or in violation of any right of any third party.

2. No user shall interfere or attempt to interfere in any way with information belonging to another person. Similarly no user shall make unauthorised copies of information belonging to another person.

3. The user must not undertake any actions that brings this website into disrepute.

4. Please note that any comment relating to your military service in the Irish Defence Forces that is in breach of military regulations or Official Secrets Act 1963, or considered by Admin/Moderators to be of a militarily sensitive nature, will result in the immediate removal of the comment and possible disciplinary action by Admin/Moderators and may result in disciplinary action by the military authorities against the author of such comments. It should also be noted that this includes the posting of information which may compromise the security of military installations which is also forbidden.

5. Details of times, dates or contents of military courses cannot and will not be publicised on this site.

6. The Administrator and / or Moderators reserve the right to ban any member from using this discussion board, at their own discretion.

7. All complaints and inquiries, with regard this board should be directed to the Administrator and / or Moderators at webmaster@irishmilitaryonline.com

8. Text speak is not acceptable on IMO

9. Insulting and abuse of any other member of the board is not acceptable at any time. Every member of the board is entitled to his/her opinion even if it is different from your own. Differences of opinion do NOT give you the right to abuse people.

10. There is a 30 minute idle rule on the Chat and it will be enforced by the admins and moderators.

Your all adults. Photos taken in a public place of a public event are free to be aired in any medium.
    Giving opinions and analysis medals being worn is also free to air once it is

I would also like to repeat the other part of the rules namely

Discussion is encouraged, bickering and bitching is not
    I take it you have taken sound legal advice on this one, bearing in mind that the photo of the UN Vet was a close up and could have been anywhere, public or private.

Leave a comment:

• golden rivet
    bosun

• golden rivet
    replied
    Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
    Here we go , here we go, here we go!
    it would be a good one for at anchor bar open and no liberty... where are all me bleedin medals ya bleedin mullah

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    Lt General

• Barry
    replied
    I wonder how long before someone finds and posts an embarassing photo of Connaught Stranger or a member of his family.....

Leave a comment:

• Connaught Stranger
    Lt Colonel

• Connaught Stranger
    replied
    Its quite simple, when you are in the Public Domain i.e. outside, on the Public street, at a Public event

(not including members of the Police, security forces etc.. on active duty)

then you and they have no privacy,

if that was not the case, then nobody could take a picture outside of anything.

Hopefully, I explained it simply enough for you to comprehend,

but if you need clarification then feel free to ask.

Connaught Stranger

Leave a comment:

• Malek
    Private 3*

• Malek
    replied
    [QUOTE=Connaught Stranger;223013][QUOTE=Malek;222999]

Once they placed themselves in the Public domain, then they have no privacy with regards their actions.
    Please explain how they placed themselves in the public domain and sacrificed their right to privacy. Surely not by walking out their front fcuking door.

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    I will post this if I feel a need to post this on a website connected with Irish Military matters, as the two old bluffers were at some stage in their lives connected to the Irish military. My brother in fact never mentioned anything about what anybody was wearing,
    I noticed it when cropping the pictures he sent.

Once they placed themselves in the Public domain, then they have no privacy with regards their actions

Who are you to deny anyone the right to privacy

the Constitution guarentees the privacy of everyone but

Connaught Stranger can pick on 2 elderly veterans and

because they are wearing something extra on there Blazers.

I woundlnt mind your campaign against these two lads if they appointed them selves

as holders of the DSM-

but you publicly try and humiliate 2 elderly gents anonymously for wearing an extra service medal

at least have the bollix to post your name and address on here so that these 2 old boys

can have a chance to defend themselves

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    Teuton Foot Soldier

• ZULU
    replied
    I would refer everyone to read the forum rules at this stage of "discussion"

1. The user undertakes not to make use of or publish material that is obscene, libellous or defamatory or in violation of any right of any third party.

2. No user shall interfere or attempt to interfere in any way with information belonging to another person. Similarly no user shall make unauthorised copies of information belonging to another person.

3. The user must not undertake any actions that brings this website into disrepute.

4. Please note that any comment relating to your military service in the Irish Defence Forces that is in breach of military regulations or Official Secrets Act 1963, or considered by Admin/Moderators to be of a militarily sensitive nature, will result in the immediate removal of the comment and possible disciplinary action by Admin/Moderators and may result in disciplinary action by the military authorities against the author of such comments. It should also be noted that this includes the posting of information which may compromise the security of military installations which is also forbidden.

5. Details of times, dates or contents of military courses cannot and will not be publicised on this site.

6. The Administrator and / or Moderators reserve the right to ban any member from using this discussion board, at their own discretion.

7. All complaints and inquiries, with regard this board should be directed to the Administrator and / or Moderators at webmaster@irishmilitaryonline.com

8. Text speak is not acceptable on IMO

9. Insulting and abuse of any other member of the board is not acceptable at any time. Every member of the board is entitled to his/her opinion even if it is different from your own. Differences of opinion do NOT give you the right to abuse people.

10. There is a 30 minute idle rule on the Chat and it will be enforced by the admins and moderators.

Your all adults. Photos taken in a public place of a public event are free to be aired in any medium.

Giving opinions and analysis medals being worn is also free to air once it is
    not obscene, libellous or defamatory or in violation of any right of any third party
    I would also like to repeat the other part of the rules namely

Insulting and abuse of any other member of the board is not acceptable at any time. Every member of the board is entitled to his/her opinion even if it is different from your own. Differences of opinion do NOT give you the right to abuse people.

Discussion is encouraged, bickering and bitching is not

Leave a comment:

Working...
X