LE Creidne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Creidne

While browsing a wikipedia article about the Asgard II I came across a reference to an LE Creidne a Sail Training Ship owned by the Naval Service. I have never heard of this ship in any of my researchs of ships of the NS. Is this one of the great bad examples of mistakes on wikipedia or something I havent come across yet?

Creidne was never a Long Eireannach. She is a Yacht. She acted as an STY between the retirement of the original asgard, and the construction of Asgard II. She is currently ungergoing a refit in Haulbowline. She was also used by the NSR, and is one of two yachts owned by the naval service, the other being Tailte. A third yacht Nancy Bet, also used by the NSR, was sold a few years ago.

I have a better photo somewhere, I borrowed this one in the meantime.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

2 videos of her here on youtube, just came across them today!

Lt.Terry Cummins on his last trip as Skipper on STY Creidne prior to his Stand Down. Also on boar. Lt.Matt Comiskey, CPO Shay McCarthy, CPO Neville Brennan, ...

Irish Naval Reserve Sail Training VesselSTY Creidne on passage to Isle of ManLt.Terry Cummins(Skipper),CPO Shay McCarthy(Mate)PO Mick Johnson (Bosun)

Comment

A bermudan ketch If I remember her actual designation
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

heres one takem with a disposable camera while leaning over the pulpit...
          Attached Files
          No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
          No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

She's in Crosshaven boatyard now, you can see her from the road. Should be ready for the summer!

Comment

Welcome to the board Murph, thanks for the heads up on Creidne
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by MURPH View Post
                She's in Crosshaven boatyard now, you can see her from the road. Should be ready for the summer!
                Which one is that? The one beyond the merries?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Thats the one, in the sheds on the right.

Comment

She is now alongside the south pontoon in the basin.

Comment

Has she any mast or rigging up yet?

Comment

She still has to have a lot of internal work done yet.

Comment

New wheelhouse looks awful. It looks like they built a house o the deck, they should rename her Noah's Ark!

Comment

Originally posted by MURPH View Post
                            New wheelhouse looks awful. It looks like they built a house o the deck, they should rename her Noah's Ark!
                            She is being electrically fitted out by Barry Electronics, Killybegs.

Comment

Sure the RRT's would never be able to do that

Comment

Working...
                              X