New member question about Le Macha 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member question about Le Macha 01

Hi guys, I've just joined the site so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. I have a 1/72 scale Revell ""Corvette model kit and would like to build it to represent Le Macha 01, could anyone advise me as to where I could find any good photo's, drawings, plans etc of Le Macha, I've tried various model forums but with no luck, and the only photo's I've found so far are not very usefull. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated, thanks, Aidan.

Hi Aidan, there some images of the Irish corvettes on http://theflowerclasscorvetteforums.yuku.com/, along with images of a lot of other corvettes as well. My dad built a model from scratch of Macha which is also on display in the steam museum in Straffan as well. He served on her in the 1950's and some of the photos on the forum above are once he took that I scanned and put up there. If u have any particular questions, I can put you both in touch and I'm sure he can answer any question u have. Pete

Comment

See my other post on the model makers thread.

I'm afarid thats as good as it gets.

the is a book available called ' The Flower Class corvette Agassiz' by John McKay and Jon Harland in the Anatomy of a ship series while it does cover one ship in depth some of the material is relavent to Irish Corvettes..
      you'll get it on ebay or eve amazon

there are a lot of black and white images of corvettes about but no colour so far and the differnt fitouts and refits psoe problems to the modeler as no ship seems to be have been photographed twice from differnt angles in any one guise.

but it is attainable if you look at Kieran Griffiths photos from the link I put on the other post.

See you in about 18 months when you get it finished lol...
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Thanks very much Peter and Mr Murphy, much obliged to you, Aidan
        Last edited by Aidan S; 11 April 2009, 15:00.

Comment

murp whats the story with the macha model you started 3 years ago remember the open day is next year for the base - there are a lot of members from the n assn who served on those ships want to see your model

Comment

Never got built . Took it out of the box about three times but kept putting it off until I could get all the rights specs, never materialised
            Reckon I'll never build it as the sheer size alone is off putting.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan S View Post
              Thanks very much Peter and Mr Murphy, much obliged to you, Aidan
              Thats probably the politest person we ever had here on IMO

well done and well done to your mammy and daddy for raising a lad like you.
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

he is proberly new (first patrol) give him a few threads to work on you will see the mrs and mrs deleted and other famous words used

Comment

Well, it's just that to me it's a bit silly saying "Hello 387XW9B or whatever other oddball usernames crop up on various forums, I prefere to reply to someone by their real name where possible, but dont worry lads, I can use language that would make a norry boy cry if I have to, but I wont on here,( mammy might get upset with me and stop me from going out to play ) Seriously though, I think a bit of politeness just makes it nicer to talk to people, and if someone makes an effort to find out something for me, I think its only fair to show appreciation for their efforts.

Comment

I am |Hopt murpohy in real lie so hpy or murphy will do fine i don't stand on ceremony

Comment

I am Hpt murphy in real lie so hpt or murphy will do fine i don't stand on ceremony

Comment

Hi Aidan S

If you search Model Engineering Exibition, you will see some interesting photos. I hope you build your LE Macha faster than mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan S View Post
                          Well, it's just that to me it's a bit silly saying "Hello 387XW9B or whatever other oddball usernames crop up on various forums, I prefere to reply to someone by their real name where possible, but dont worry lads, I can use language that would make a norry boy cry if I have to, but I wont on here,( mammy might get upset with me and stop me from going out to play ) Seriously though, I think a bit of politeness just makes it nicer to talk to people, and if someone makes an effort to find out something for me, I think its only fair to show appreciation for their efforts.
                          Good man

I wasnt taking the piss out of you ( yet)

just saying its refreshing

especially when we compare you to dark saga - dazzler and others of that age
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

were the other links I provided of any help..it certainly does show the basic product but there are far more detailed examples out there..serch the links I supplied they are a mine of information.

I have all the back round done so maybe its only a matter of time
                            Last edited by hptmurphy; 12 April 2009, 19:10.

Comment

To all, yep, the links etc were very usefull, I got some good pics I hadn't seen before, thanks. Hedgehog, thats a cool quote you got "grow some gonads",, I like it. You'll have lots of oppertunities to take the piss put of me once you read some of the crap I write. I'm well use to it, Both my parents are Irish born, decided to move to London and I was actually born on the ferry the night they moved over so God knows what that makes me, not an Irishman or an Englishman, (maybe I'm a Ferryman) so you can imagine the stick I get for that. When people ask me what nationality I am, I say I'm Brirish, usually confuses them for a while, it certainly confuses me:confused:

Comment

Working...
                              X