Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volvo ocean race stopover Galway port

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Volvo ocean race stopover Galway port

    I hope to post a daily photo update of the stopover for those interested! if i can manage time off during the bloody thing. anyway it should be quite a spectacle, yachts due to arrive 23 may and staying for 2 weeks.
    "The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck."

  • #2
    that reminds me. I have a'few' pictures of the race round the world. Must do an upload. Galway hooker, are you working for the stop over or with a team?
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

    Comment


    • #3
      Great stuff looking forward to it Thanks GH11
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Guys as part of the Volvo Race dont forget the "Red Arrows" on Saturday 30 May at 12pm appx and another bit of excitement at around 5pm which I will leave you in suspense about but if you like noise

        Comment


        • #5
          Shh now. You'll have the PANA suicide squad there again..


          Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

          Comment


          • #6
            I presume the navy should have a vessel in atendance?! At least when the yachts are arriving, good for pr if nothing else

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
              Shh now. You'll have the PANA suicide squad there again..
              You mean the Galway Alliance Against Everything???
              Go Mairidís Beo

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by niallheff View Post
                I presume the navy should have a vessel in atendance?! At least when the yachts are arriving, good for pr if nothing else
                Not to mention the security aspect.


                Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  in alicante at the race start, a frigate was the start boat, they also had an aircraft carrier and heli's in attendance. Cape town also had a signifucant naval presence. The cochin stopover had a sail training vessel along with another aircraft carrier in the background. The main indian naval base was actually where we had the boats out of the water in cochin. Singapore we had daily flyovers from c130s, ah64s aswell as chinooks. China had mny a naval sweeper and utility ships such as dredgers, tugs etc. Rio also had a strong naval involvement.
                  "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                    in alicante at the race start, a frigate was the start boat, they also had an aircraft carrier and heli's in attendance. Cape town also had a signifucant naval presence. The cochin stopover had a sail training vessel along with another aircraft carrier in the background. The main indian naval base was actually where we had the boats out of the water in cochin. Singapore we had daily flyovers from c130s, ah64s aswell as chinooks. China had mny a naval sweeper and utility ships such as dredgers, tugs etc. Rio also had a strong naval involvement.
                    and where are your pictures of all this?
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                      that reminds me. I have a'few' pictures of the race round the world. Must do an upload. Galway hooker, are you working for the stop over or with a team?
                      GH is not part of a race team, but he will be at the 'hub' of the event on the water, in that his full time work is in the commercial marine sector.

                      Lucky or what?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                        in alicante at the race start, a frigate was the start boat, they also had an aircraft carrier and heli's in attendance. Cape town also had a signifucant naval presence. The cochin stopover had a sail training vessel along with another aircraft carrier in the background. The main indian naval base was actually where we had the boats out of the water in cochin. Singapore we had daily flyovers from c130s, ah64s aswell as chinooks. China had mny a naval sweeper and utility ships such as dredgers, tugs etc. Rio also had a strong naval involvement.
                        the navy are lucky to keep what they have at the moment going so one ship will be lucky and get to that event but it means work for the crew and personally i would rather be out 200 miles boarding trawlers than at anchor looking at wasted wealth sailing by

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          placement of mooring pontoons for racing yachts

                          some of the work in preparing for arrival of yachts. Time being critical now. Race village arrives dublin this weekend and being constructed next week with completion due day before ETA of first yacht. !
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Galway hooker11; 9 May 2009, 05:43.
                          "The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            preparation for yachts

                            some more pics
                            Attached Files
                            "The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              do you have any pictures of what is planned?
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                              Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                              Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                              Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X