Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Marine Broadcasts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Internet Marine Broadcasts

    Hi all,
    Not quite Navy but I wanted to draw on your expertise.

    Does anybody know if marine broadcasts can be found live on the internet?

  • #2
    Not sure if this link is what you are looking for but its live 24/7 from Southampton you can hear all the traffic on the channels including weather, liners, naval ships, ferries etc
    Check it out its very good.


    http://www.solentwaters.co.uk/Radio/radiopage.html

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Brian McGrath View Post
      Not sure if this link is what you are looking for but its live 24/7 from Southampton you can hear all the traffic on the channels including weather, liners, naval ships, ferries etc
      Check it out its very good.


      http://www.solentwaters.co.uk/Radio/radiopage.html
      Im very familiar with this site. Your only given 20 minutes and your cut off. You can listen to either Southampton VTS or Portsmouth QHM. Both are non eventful to be honest.

      Last week Dover Costaguard/VTS could be picked up on it due to the weather conditions.
      Last edited by pmtts; 10 July 2009, 18:37.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pmtts View Post
        Im very familiar with this site. Your only given 20 minutes and your cut off. You can listen to either Southampton VTS or Portsmouth QHM. Both are non eventful to be honest.

        Last week Dover Costaguard/VTS could be picked up on it due to the weather conditions.
        SH. VTS ticked me off once for being in excess of six knots as I crossed the speed restriction line, right below the VTS tower. A harbour police launch which was just ahead of me was also ticked off.

        I slowed down, but the coppers just stook his two fingers out the window in the direction of the tower, reved up and continued up river.

        There was no further comment from VTS!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
          SH. VTS ticked me off once for being in excess of six knots as I crossed the speed restriction line, right below the VTS tower. A harbour police launch which was just ahead of me was also ticked off.
          Intercepted by the twin screw Mitchell's ehh, tut tut

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pmtts View Post
            Intercepted by the twin screw Mitchell's ehh, tut tut
            Could have been South Boats ! That would have been worse.
            Last edited by Test Pilot; 10 July 2009, 22:29.

            Comment

            Working...
            X