Coast , B B C 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coast , B B C 1

B B C 1 Programe Coast Tue 4 August will be showing a no holds barred boarding exercise< their description> by the Naval Service .
    Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Looks interesting

What do you mean abandon ship
    Are they taking requests?

Comment

Will it be available online

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        Will it be available online
        On BBC iPlayer yes I would imagine but getting iPlayer in Ireland is a non runner I would imagine.
        Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Originally posted by Laners View Post
          B B C 1 Programe Coast Tue 4 August will be showing a no holds barred boarding exercise< their description> by the Naval Service .
          Thanks for the post, hadn't seen it advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
            On BBC iPlayer yes I would imagine but getting iPlayer in Ireland is a non runner I would imagine.
            Sadly for you guys it will be a non runner. Coast is a cracking show.

Comment

If you have Sky then put it in the planner.
              The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
              (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Originally posted by Laners View Post
                Repeated this Thursday 7pm on BBC2.

Comment

Originally posted by damo de muff diver View Post
                  myself and a fellow imo'er met dick strawbridge the day that he was on bray head....
                  But there's no danger
                  It's a professional career
                  Though it could be arranged
                  With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
                  If you're out of luck you're out of work
                  We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Just watched coast. Nice to see the lads on Eithne shown up in such a good light. Any thoughts...?

Comment

Makes ya want to hot foot it to the nearest recruitment depot!!!!

Comment

Very interesting show as usual. Felt sorry for the poor MV Oyster Bank staring down the barrell of a 57mm Bofors! Good to see the NS shown as a serious operation. With the upcoming will they/wont they sanction the new ships saga about to come to a head it is very good publicity on a wider scale than RTE could provide for the impact that drug seizures here provide-especially when it was mentioned on the TV3 news clip that the majority of the drugs seized were bound for the UK market.

On a side and inconsequential note..the position of the tug as shown on the map was definitely not where it was boarded.

Comment

Very interesting show
                          Fair play to the crew of the L.E. Eithne , she still looks very good .
                          Love all the new sexy equipment
                          Makes a big change from foul weather gear , lifejacket & a towel wrapped around your neck to try & keep some water out
                          What do you mean abandon ship
                          Are they taking requests?

Comment

Originally posted by damo de muff diver View Post
                            & a towel wrapped around your neck to try & keep some water out
                            I still have some of those types of towels. A loop stiched in one end to thread the other through. Get it caught on anything and you'd hang your self!!!
                            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jetjock View Post
                              On a side and inconsequential note..the position of the tug as shown on the map was definitely not where it was boarded.

Obviously ..... Eithne could have been shadowing it from that position or thats were it was located at the time it was tasked....

The tempo of the boarding looked a bit slow but they don't want to give the game away to the smugglers out there either!

Comment

Working...
                              X