Tall Ships Belfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tall Ships Belfast

Went today, huge crowds, park and ride / trains very hectic. I parked in the Odessey arena car park, 300 metres from the first ship, cost £3.00 for five hours, you can pay by credit card. Hundreds of spaces.

From the South Follow signs for Bangor /City Airport, then pick up the brown signs for the Odessey. Very easy loads of Police / Harbour Police about to help with directions.

One of those Customs Cutter yokes discussed here before is there (it is a fire hydrant on the bow) and theres a couple of Warships over in Pollock Dock (not open to public), one an RFA of some sort, the other looked to me like LE Eithne (twin funnels 57mm gun) ? Too far away to get a picture unfortunately.

Well worth a visit. Portuguese Sail Training Vessel Sagre very impressive. And the ' Black Pearl ' of Captain Jack Sparrow fame is there aka The Bounty.
    'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Must pay it a visit.

Comment

Erigi were kicking off because the RM band is playing down there.

Comment

No Irish Flag tall ships participating this time. Bad show DoD.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
          one an RFA of some sort, the other looked to me like LE Eithne (twin funnels 57mm gun) ? Too far away to get a picture unfortunately.
          Yes it was Eithne, a friend of mine from Bangor had a visit on board today. I beleive the RFA vessel is Lyme Bay.

Comment

A few corrections/confirmations to above posts .... Pollock Dock is OPEN to visits ... two naval vessels alongside both open for visits (but not on Sunday) ... the RFA ship is MOUNTS BAY ... very impressive tour but get to it before 1530... YES it is LE Eithne which is also moored further down... a real pity that Eithne is at the berth farthest away from the main action ... only those prepared for a long walk will make it down to the Irish Naval Service representative in Belfast this weekend. Travelling from Dublin, the Enterprise train is a good option, easy walk from Belfast Central station to main berthings on either side of the Lagan ...

Comment

Originally posted by Curragh Plains View Post
              A few corrections/confirmations to above posts .... Pollock Dock is OPEN to visits ... two naval vessels alongside both open for visits (but not on Sunday) ... the RFA ship is MOUNTS BAY ... very impressive tour but get to it before 1530... YES it is LE Eithne which is also moored further down... a real pity that Eithne is at the berth farthest away from the main action ... only those prepared for a long walk will make it down to the Irish Naval Service representative in Belfast this weekend. Travelling from Dublin, the Enterprise train is a good option, easy walk from Belfast Central station to main berthings on either side of the Lagan ...
              Wasn't mentioned on the official programme.... typical !

And it is a very long walk. Not suitable for anyone with children.
              'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Eithne docked during the Tall Ships event. The photo was taken by a friend of mine.

Comment

Working...
                X