Kill switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill switch

Lesson to be learned: use your kill switch (cord)

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Ah shur tis much easier to loop it around the throttle cable.. It won't fall out there...

Or better yet, hang a nice decorative key ring fob from it...

Joking aside, I always thought the best place for it was to hook it onto the free ring of the lifejacket.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

i always wrap it around my leg

Comment

Depends on the console really.

Comment

watching that vid, i thought darwin award. Kill switch is good when on your own, but if more than one on board, it's good to have a spare somewhere onboard. So if you do go over, they can restart and get you
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
            Kill switch is good when on your own, but if more than one on board, it's good to have a spare somewhere onboard. So if you do go over, they can restart and get you
            Good and valid point which I will take on board. Not mentioned on my course.
            Last edited by Vickers; 15 August 2009, 00:43. Reason: Add humour
            "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Originally posted by Vickers View Post
              Good and valid point which I will take on board. Not mentioned on my course.
              It was mentioned on mine

Different instructors?

Comment

There is always the danger that the spare will be left in place permanently.
                If you fall out, and they dont, what were you doing?
                Thats what paddles are for surely.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer View Post
                  It was mentioned on mine

Different instructors?
                  I had the same instructor as you.

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  There is always the danger that the spare will be left in place permanently.
                  If it is part of the emergency kit (flares, knife etc) in a waterproof container, that's where it should stay until required in an emergency.

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  If you fall out, and they dont, what were you doing?
                  Thats what paddles are for surely.
                  I agree. The likelyhood is that one of the others will fall out. If the situation is that bad that the driver falls out, so should everyone else. Yes, as well as engine failure, that's what paddles are for.

Comment

Working...
                  X