Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery boat??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mystery boat??

    I spotted this today at some distance, so the photo is not that sharp.

    It clearly looks Military, but does anyone know what design of boat this is :confused:




  • #2
    [QUOTE=pmtts;271306]I spotted this today at some distance, so the photo is not that sharp.

    It clearly looks Military, but does anyone know what design of boat this is :confused:


    Military?

    Policing perhaps.
    Last edited by Lordinajamjar; 28 September 2009, 19:58.

    "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."


    Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lordinajamjar View Post


      Military?

      Policing perhaps.
      Good point but No. The local Marine Unit use a VT Halmatic Rigid Inflatable.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pmtts View Post
        Good point but No. The local Marine Unit use a VT Halmatic Rigid Inflatable.


        I guess they must have upgraded then so.



        "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."


        Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

        Comment


        • #5
          Its a RN rigid raider, possibly royal Marines.

          Pmtts :

          Are you based in poole, as the gear being worn by the Cox'n looks a bit too HSLD for bootnecks. Possible SBS?
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ZULU View Post
            Its a RN rigid raider, possibly royal Marines.

            Pmtts :

            Are you based in poole, as the gear being worn by the Cox'n looks a bit too HSLD for bootnecks. Possible SBS?
            Im not to far but more the Southampton End of the Solent. I spotted it heading towards the 17 Port and Maritime Regiment Sea Mounting establishment.

            Many thanks for the info

            Comment


            • #7
              PMTTS
              Probably would be a good idea not to publicise your taking pictures of that nature, maybe just google, but if it is involved in any SF training i doubt they would shake your hand for splashing it all over the net.
              Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by knocker View Post
                PMTTS
                Probably would be a good idea not to publicise your taking pictures of that nature, maybe just google, but if it is involved in any SF training i doubt they would shake your hand for splashing it all over the net.
                There's certainly no SF training that goes on around here! My photo was taken in the public domain!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by knocker View Post
                  PMTTS
                  Probably would be a good idea not to publicise your taking pictures of that nature, maybe just google, but if it is involved in any SF training i doubt they would shake your hand for splashing it all over the net.
                  they're fault for being spotted! Anyway, they're well covered who ever they are.
                  "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                    Its a RN rigid raider, possibly royal Marines.
                    Correct

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      thanks. I was so worried in the validity of my post i was in need of someone telling me the obvious
                      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pmtts View Post
                        There's certainly no SF training that goes on around here! My photo was taken in the public domain!
                        you'd be VERY surprised where SF training takes place but i'm sure if it is SBS and they didn't want people taking their pics then you wouldn't have had the opportunity to.

                        its the Special Boat Service, not the Secret Boat Service so if it is SBS and it's passing through the public domain then it's fair game for any happy snapper.

                        however it looks exactly like the standard Royal Marines Mk3 Rigid Raiding Craft (RRC) to me:



                        i'm sure you don't need to barricade the doors and windows tonight PMTTS :wink:
                        Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 28 September 2009, 22:48.
                        RGJ

                        ...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

                        The Rifles

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post

                          i'm sure you don't need to barricade the doors and windows tonight PMTTS :wink:
                          Phew!

                          Originally posted by Lordjamjar
                          I guess they must have upgraded then so.
                          Here is the rib I mentioned previous. I also snapped this in exactly the same location at the RM boat, but a couple of weeks ago.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i'm guessing that its a police rhib. Not sure. Need someone to confirm it
                            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                              you'd be VERY surprised where SF training takes place but i'm sure if it is SBS and they didn't want people taking their pics then you wouldn't have had the opportunity to.

                              its the Special Boat Service, not the Secret Boat Service so if it is SBS and it's passing through the public domain then it's fair game for any happy snapper.

                              however it looks exactly like the standard Royal Marines Mk3 Rigid Raiding Craft (RRC) to me:



                              i'm sure you don't need to barricade the doors and windows tonight PMTTS :wink:
                              Looking at the profile of the engine cover I would guess its Mk3 craft as described above

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X