Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spider
    replied
    The first one looks like the big RR's used by the Royal Engineers Boat Section to patrol Lough Foyle a few years ago. Inboard engine.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied

Looks like the one the Irish Army Eng Coys have....

Leave a comment:

• apc
    replied
    i'm guessing that its a police rhib. Not sure. Need someone to confirm it
    We can neither confirm nor deny

Leave a comment:

• blaisec
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    you'd be VERY surprised where SF training takes place but i'm sure if it is SBS and they didn't want people taking their pics then you wouldn't have had the opportunity to.

its the Special Boat Service, not the Secret Boat Service so if it is SBS and it's passing through the public domain then it's fair game for any happy snapper.

however it looks exactly like the standard Royal Marines Mk3 Rigid Raiding Craft (RRC) to me:

i'm sure you don't need to barricade the doors and windows tonight PMTTS :wink:
    Looking at the profile of the engine cover I would guess its Mk3 craft as described above

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    replied
    i'm guessing that its a police rhib. Not sure. Need someone to confirm it

Leave a comment:

• pmtts
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post

Phew!

Originally posted by Lordjamjar
    I guess they must have upgraded then so.
    Here is the rib I mentioned previous. I also snapped this in exactly the same location at the RM boat, but a couple of weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    Originally posted by pmtts View Post
    There's certainly no SF training that goes on around here! My photo was taken in the public domain!
    you'd be VERY surprised where SF training takes place but i'm sure if it is SBS and they didn't want people taking their pics then you wouldn't have had the opportunity to.

its the Special Boat Service, not the Secret Boat Service so if it is SBS and it's passing through the public domain then it's fair game for any happy snapper.

however it looks exactly like the standard Royal Marines Mk3 Rigid Raiding Craft (RRC) to me:

Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 28 September 2009, 21:48.

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    replied
    thanks. I was so worried in the validity of my post i was in need of someone telling me the obvious

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by ZULU View Post
    Its a RN rigid raider, possibly royal Marines.
    Correct

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    replied
    Originally posted by knocker View Post
    PMTTS
    Probably would be a good idea not to publicise your taking pictures of that nature, maybe just google, but if it is involved in any SF training i doubt they would shake your hand for splashing it all over the net.
    they're fault for being spotted! Anyway, they're well covered who ever they are.

Leave a comment:

• pmtts
    replied
    Originally posted by knocker View Post
    PMTTS
    Probably would be a good idea not to publicise your taking pictures of that nature, maybe just google, but if it is involved in any SF training i doubt they would shake your hand for splashing it all over the net.
    There's certainly no SF training that goes on around here! My photo was taken in the public domain!

Leave a comment:

• knocker
    replied
    PMTTS

Leave a comment:

• pmtts
    replied
    Originally posted by ZULU View Post

Pmtts :

Are you based in poole, as the gear being worn by the Cox'n looks a bit too HSLD for bootnecks. Possible SBS?
    Im not to far but more the Southampton End of the Solent. I spotted it heading towards the 17 Port and Maritime Regiment Sea Mounting establishment.

Many thanks for the info

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    replied

Pmtts :

Are you based in poole, as the gear being worn by the Cox'n looks a bit too HSLD for bootnecks. Possible SBS?

Leave a comment:

• Lordinajamjar
    replied
    Originally posted by pmtts View Post
    Good point but No. The local Marine Unit use a VT Halmatic Rigid Inflatable.

I guess they must have upgraded then so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X