whale wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split screen view of incident from both perspectives

"The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Think that they learned the hard way "do not get anywhere near in front of the japanese unless you can get out of there quickly"
      Lucky that they were not killed
      What do you mean abandon ship
      Are they taking requests?

Comment

Haa Haa ( like Nelson in the simpsons)

Comment

haha I'm delighted for the hippies!!
          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

japs one ,hippies nil ,
            after six months in kobe i came to the decision that at the end of the day the japs like nothing better than sitting down to a bud and a minki whale burger ,
            ps there is a great bar run by a chap from tralee in kobe just up from the monorail station.

Comment

I remember hearing something about the sea shepards impeding the fishing fleet from searching for a MOB a while back, so f**k them!

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                I remember hearing something about the sea shepards impeding the fishing fleet from searching for a MOB a while back, so f**k them!
                Here is an article about the incident.

Comment

Looking up the regs, it seems that power-driven vessels have to give way to vessels engaged in fishing, which I presume whaling counts.

Plus there is the general rule of 'might has right', it's not as if a supertanker should be expected to adjust course to avoid an underway pleasure boat.

"M'lud, the nimble and maneuverable 800-ton merchie doing 15kts was so fast that my 60kt speedboat had no opportunity to stay clear"
                  "Remind me, what were you doing there anyway?"
                  "Erm... impeding their lawful navigatin of the high seas"

NTM
                  Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Think fishing is trawling or otwing fishing equipment or some derivative there of.

The whaler would be in this capacity if the harpoon was shot and impaled in the whale.
                    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

But they aren't fishing they are engaged in research
                      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

thats what they say, to be honest though, ill sooner believe the crusties *shock horror"
                        I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                        Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                        Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                        And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                        With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                        He put a bullet through his brain.
                        And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                        Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                        Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                        The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                          But they aren't fishing they are engaged in research
                          There's commerical fishing, and fishing for other purposes, which I presume could include research.

NTM
                          Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Sea Shepard are back at their old tricks & last nite boarded the Shona Maru 2 to issue a citizens arrest on the captain for sinking the Ady Gill. Pete Bethune is now being held onboard the japanese vessel.

Monday, February 15, 2010
                            Captain Pete Bethune Boards Shonan Maru 2 to Arrest Japanese Skipper

At 0629 Hours (Perth Time), New Zealand Captain Pete Bethune of the recently sunk Sea Shepherd vessel Ady Gil breached the Japanese government security ship Shonan Maru 2 and successfully boarded the vessel under cover of darkness.

His mission is to attempt a citizen’s arrest of the skipper of the Shonan Maru 2 for the destruction of the Ady Gil and attempted murder of the six Ady Gil crewmembers.

At 0600 Hours, Captain Bethune (of New Zealand) left the Sea Shepherd ship Steve Irwin on a Jet Ski driven Larry Routledge (of Great Britain).

The Jet Ski lay in wait for the Shonan Maru 2 to approach. With the Japanese vessel making 14 knots through the water, Routledge maneuvered the Jet Ski into position under the anti-boarding spikes along the port side of the Shonan Maru 2.

Captain Bethune made the jump and climbed onboard the whaling ship without being noticed. Captain Bethune is presently onboard the Shonan Maru 2 awaiting sunrise to make his presence known.

Captain Bethune also has a bill for $3 million dollars to present to the Master of the Shonan Maru 2. The bill is for the cost of replacing the Ady Gil.

Captain Bethune will be demanding that the Shonan Maru 2 Captain surrender himself to Sea Shepherd or take his ship to the nearest Australian or New Zealand port to turn himself in to legal authorities.

Captain Bethune will make it clear that he does not wish to return to a Sea Shepherd ship without the Captain of the Shonan Maru 2.

Sea Shepherd anticipates that the Japanese will hold Captain Bethune as prisoner onboard the Shonan Maru 2.

“This was an impossible mission,” said Captain Paul Watson. “Captain Bethune boarded a Japanese whaling fleet security ship at high speed in total darkness, breached the spikes and anti-boarding nets and is presently onboard and the Japanese crew are still not aware that he is there. He is there to demand justice for the sinking of his ship.”

I don't see what they thought would happen with this & surely it is an illegal boarding of a goverment security ship by the activists which will allow the japanese to hold him & finally lay charges against the group.
                            Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

I wish the Japanese would grow a pair and do a rainbow warrior job on these idiots.

South park did a good episode on the hippies in question, its called "whale whores".

Comment

"we're pirates"

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X