• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief

• hptmurphy
    replied
    wouldn't vote for her in a fit, now I won't vote for him in a fit either.
    Stoker I sincerely hope you are not prone to fits as all the medics have gone sailing to Haiti on our stealth Hospital ship..which is commanded by Mary Harney

just shows how little this country knows, or cares about the NS really..... its pathetic
    Its a well known fact that very few in Dail Eireann could even tell you how many ships the NS have..including the minister and that it would take a committie to find where haulbowline is...
    hptmurphy
    Commander in Chief
    Last edited by hptmurphy; 17 March 2010, 23:41.

Leave a comment:

• Gunner75
    Recruit

• Gunner75
    replied
    Cypriot Irish Ferries

Originally posted by spud68 View Post

Are irish ferries are now flying the flag of cyprus ??
    The home flag for Irish Ferries is the Cypriot flag and it is flown in every port. All Irish Ferries vessels are now registered in Limmasol

Leave a comment:

• spud68
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunner75 View Post
    Maybe Enda saw an Irish Ferry pulling out of Dublin and thought to himself 'it says Irish and its in the water, must be a Navy Boat thingy' a hospital Navy boat thingy'.
    Are irish ferries are now flying the flag of cyprus ??

Leave a comment:

• BANDIT
    Banned User

• BANDIT
    replied
    Just get a few accounts from the likes of that thief fitzgerald , Fingleton, and the other doyens of the Irish banking world and u could buy a half dozen ships as well as pay off the national debt

Leave a comment:

• Killiano NS
    Seaman

• Killiano NS
    replied
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...262844141.html

just shows how little this country knows, or cares about the NS really..... its pathetic

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by sofa View Post
    Would that be LE Cufasa fueled by lignite? Ala the Gerry Ryan Show.
    Shhh

Leave a comment:

• sofa
    Major General

• sofa
    replied
    Originally posted by Sea Toby View Post
    If your Irish PM to be wishes to do humanitarian relief operations to third world islands, I suggest he or she spend some cash and buy a proper troop and vehicle transport ship. For one hundred million Euros, a Canterbury could be purchased, or for one hundred and forty million Euros a Damen Schelde Enforcer 8000 could be purchased. Both ships are capable of sea lifting a enlarged company group of around 250 sailors/soldiers/doctors/nurses, along with a month's supplies...

Unfortunately, at the moment the Irish government can't even afford to buy one fifty-sixty million Euros OPV to replace a vessel thirty years in age...

On the other hand Chile recently purchased a Damen Schelde Enforcer 8000, and after their recent earthquake there are calls to buy another one.... They have found their used ex-Newport LST wanting....

At least Chile moved to buy a replacement vessel before the earthquake. I guess it will take such a disaster for the Irish government to see the light....

Keep in mind the Caribbean is not known for earthquakes either. Chile maybe, but not the Caribbean.... The Caribbean is known much more for hurricanes....

I wonder how well built most of the buildings of Ireland are built. Probably more like Haiti pancaking in an earthquake unlike most of the buildings in Chile....

Us Texans have a saying, Money talks, bullshit walks....
    If there was no oil in texas. Your lot would be cleaning the homes of Mexicans

Leave a comment:

• sofa
    Major General

• sofa
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    It was busy so we sent the submarine instead.

Would that be LE Cufasa fueled by lignite? Ala the Gerry Ryan Show.

Leave a comment:

• sofa
    Major General

• sofa
    replied
    If your Irish PM to be wishes to do humanitarian relief operations to third world islands, I suggest he or she spend some cash and buy a proper troop and vehicle transport ship. For one hundred million Euros, a Canterbury could be purchased, or for one hundred and forty million Euros a Damen Schelde Enforcer 8000 could be purchased. Both ships are capable of sea lifting a enlarged company group of around 250 sailors/soldiers/doctors/nurses, along with a month's supplies...

Unfortunately, at the moment the Irish government can't even afford to buy one fifty-sixty million Euros OPV to replace a vessel thirty years in age...

On the other hand Chile recently purchased a Damen Schelde Enforcer 8000, and after their recent earthquake there are calls to buy another one.... They have found their used ex-Newport LST wanting....

At least Chile moved to buy a replacement vessel before the earthquake. I guess it will take such a disaster for the Irish government to see the light....

Keep in mind the Caribbean is not known for earthquakes either. Chile maybe, but not the Caribbean.... The Caribbean is known much more for hurricanes....

I wonder how well built most of the buildings of Ireland are built. Probably more like Haiti pancaking in an earthquake unlike most of the buildings in Chile....

Texas should do well in the walking event in the up coming London games so

Leave a comment:

• Gunner75
    Recruit

• Gunner75
    replied
    Silly Enda

Maybe Enda saw an Irish Ferry pulling out of Dublin and thought to himself 'it says Irish and its in the water, must be a Navy Boat thingy' a hospital Navy boat thingy'.

Leave a comment:

• Eddie Dillon
    Nijmegen Neanderthal

• Eddie Dillon
    replied

Unlike Haiti, we actually have building codes and considering we're nowhere near a fault line I think most of our buildings will be fairly safe for the next while. Point taken about the ships though. Unfortunately though in the best of times the Irish military was never given the time of day by its political masters let alone at the moment.

Unfortunately now, regarding the dosh, well you Texans have a lot more of it than us! Having said that if ye happen to have €100 million lying around some ranch somewhere we might always find a use for it!
    Eddie Dillon
    Nijmegen Neanderthal
    Last edited by Eddie Dillon; 15 March 2010, 23:54. Reason: grammer

Leave a comment:

• turbocalves
    jang-a-lang

• turbocalves
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    good answer Goldie.

LoL, i'm sat beside a Royal Navy submariner at the moment.

of course he can't confirm or deny any of this, because nothing about submarines can ever be confirmed or denied as he informs me, however what i can confirm is that they (submariners) get loads more pay then me!
    I did the Commando speed march in spean brdge there a few years ago, and there were RN submariners there,

They for some reason didnt do the speed march but did the 'fun run' which is a run without kit, and the only other people doin it were the ACF-

It was left to our man Rooster, to fly the flag for the RN in the speed march....

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    Commander in Chief

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    good answer Goldie.

LoL, i'm sat beside a Royal Navy submariner at the moment.

of course he can't confirm or deny any of this, because nothing about submarines can ever be confirmed or denied as he informs me, however what i can confirm is that they (submariners) get loads more pay then me!

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    Tim Horgan

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    did that Irish Hospital Ship ever get to Haiti at all?!
    It was busy so we sent the submarine instead.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    Commander in Chief

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    Originally posted by spud68 View Post
    As the TD cant be proved wrong whats the betting the base will get 500ltrs of white and 50 ltrs of red and heh presto hospital ship emer.
    did that Irish Hospital Ship ever get to Haiti at all?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X