No announcement yet.

Joining Irish Navy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howya goin lads. i only joined yesterday tought it would be a good place to start asking questions
    Anyway i applied for the navy this year have a exam soon in croke park. Im a fishing boat skipper my trade wanting to get outa fishing. Im also a RNLI crew member and going to the NSR in waterford next wednesday!! Im a experianced fisherman with a 50 meter skipper ticket!! but my only down fall is i have a few driving convictions should it be a prob joing?? after the garda vetting is done or am i wasting my time
    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ollie View Post
      From the df facebook page The naval service will be recruiting from 14 may. No applications will be accepted before then
      so how is the recruitment going?

have they recruited many since they started?
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Competition is still in progress.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

when will they announce the winners?!
          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

When its finished......

Comment

Finished on the 14th of june with vacancies for 50 recruits.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

so Peader - did you make it or have you 'missed the boat', so to speak?

i hope you were successful mate.
                Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 4 July 2010, 00:51.
                RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

NS recruits

Any idea when the new recruits are starting from the recent recruitment campaign, passed all the stages just havent heard anything in 3 weeks now, any info would be gr8
                  Cheers in advance
                  Last edited by Mul46; 2 October 2010, 13:18.

Comment

Naval service recruits

Anyone any idea when the new recruits are starting training after the recent recruitment campaign, heard on the day of my medical and fitness that the 20th is the date, just wondern if ny1 has heard anything? cheers in advance

Comment

Who is NY1? If you tell me I can ask him.

Comment

sorry i mean anyone.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about the start date for the recruits been 5 weeks today from my medical and fitness and still nothing. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mul46 View Post
                            Has anyone heard anything about the start date for the recruits been 5 weeks today from my medical and fitness and still nothing. thanks
                            hey i rekon there was a delay because apparantly 11 failed and they had to bring in another group of 11 to be retested and medicals,i was in that group it was on thurs 30th sept so thats over 2 weeks now,out of the 11 5 of us failed,i made it through but i presume theyll be bringing in another group from the interviews,we were the first group to be brought back after the initial failures,i hear its starting in dec,how did they contact you after your fitness and medicals? i havnt heard back yet i presume there delayed cause of more failures

Comment

if you got it you'll be the first to know.

I notice you haven't mentioned the interview?

I assume you've done one?
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

yea i had an interview in june, supose its just the waiting game then, thanks 4 your reply

Comment

Working...
                                X