Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden rivet
    replied
    oh yeah good ol;d admiral (irish) flynn as he liked to be known..with a lt/cdr serving the boys drink..priceless but true..

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
    you did a fine job that day damo. i had the pleasure of dpo and dave mc myler ood.. that nite was panic stations when aggie and the mad tel did not come back...25 years ago...meomeries are still fresh... ark royal lost two men in new york...tragic and murder while ashore..rip..
    they came back on the uss mount whitney's admiral's private launch - he was the admiral of the 6th fleet - he also gave them a private tour of his warship - as carlsberg says priceless

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Originally posted by damo de muff diver View Post
    Dropped a couple of R.N. sailors back to her 4th july 1986 New York on the Eithnes liberty launch.
    Was on duty that day , spent it all in the Launch driving around New York harbour to all different ships.
    dont forget the 77 pack on your back hee

Leave a comment:

• Brian McGrath
    replied
    Goldie you should see if you can watch last Mondays episode of HMS Manchester, they found a fibre glass boat adrift and decided to sink it by gunfire, they used the main gun all of the other guns on the ship no good, the tried to hack and saw it no good, and finally filled it with petrol and set it on fire. it will more than likely be shown again.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Thanks Brian. They'll need it in canada time also

Leave a comment:

• Brian McGrath
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    Missed it, Hopefully it'll be repeated.
    Hi Goldie its repeated on Thursday night at 22.00 hours and at 00.00 hours Saturday/Sunday morning, dont forget "Super Fast Warship" 10.00 hours Friday Morning also on discovery ch and HMS Manchester in the Caribeen on Monday night at 21.00 hours. I put in the 24 hour clock especially for you guys
    Last edited by Brian McGrath; 23 February 2011, 15:22.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Missed it, Hopefully it'll be repeated.

Leave a comment:

• damo de muff diver
    replied
    you did a fine job that day damo. i had the pleasure of dpo and dave mc myler ood.. that nite was panic stations when aggie and the mad tel did not come back...25 years ago...meomeries are still fresh... ark royal lost two men in new york...tragic and murder while ashore..rip..
    That is right , it is amazing what the brain holds onto.
    Watched the programme last night , it is a shame when an old ship has to end but such is the way..........

Leave a comment:

• golden rivet
    replied
    Originally posted by damo de muff diver View Post
    Dropped a couple of R.N. sailors back to her 4th july 1986 New York on the Eithnes liberty launch.
    Was on duty that day , spent it all in the Launch driving around New York harbour to all different ships.

Leave a comment:

• damo de muff diver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Originally posted by paul View Post
    No but I snuck onto it.......well not really sneak, as walk past all the security and walk on board
    didn't we pass her in new york she was brand new and so was eithne

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    anyone on imo serve on ark royal..
    No but I snuck onto it.......well not really sneak, as walk past all the security and walk on board

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    very funny

Leave a comment:

• golden rivet
    replied
    he did and knew moses sister well

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Not sure, but I think Moggy served on Noah's ark...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X