X-Band radar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Band radar?

Title: Provision of X-Band Tactical Radar System, Irish Naval Service, Department of Defence
    Published by: Irish Naval Service
    Publication Date: 11/03/2011
    Application Deadline:
    Notice Deadline Date: 26/04/2011
    Notice Deadline Time: 12:00
    Notice Type: Contract Notice
    Has Documents: Yes
    Abstract: The contract will cover the provision, installation and commissioning of one (1) X-Band tactical RADAR system (complete with turning unit, scanner, display and ancillary equipment) for an Irish Naval Ship in 2011.
    The Naval Service may avail of this tendering process to procure additional X-Band Tactical Radar System(s) for Irish Naval Ship(s) in 2012 and 2013 respectively (one additional system in 2012, one additional system in 2013). The Naval Service is not obliged to avail of the procurement of the additional systems in 2012 & 2013.
    CPV: 35722000, 38115000, 35121900
    Looks like the plan is to fit the radar to L.E. Aisling first, and "we'll see" after that.
    Low Profile Grey antenna is what's required, plus operator training.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Dutch are putting the Sea Watcher 100 X-Band radar on their OPV's

It's a fixed phased array, so no "turning unit".

Perhaps beyond the budget available

Comment

Yeah, that setup costs more per ship than the total estimated cost to us of 2 OPVs and an EPV.
      I think it is to allow the new Dutch OPV to act alone in the Dutch protectorates in the Carribean.

Comment

Am I correct in this:

X-band is the frequency range of the radio emissions from the radar?
        the band will effect the range?
        the band also effects the possible uses (eg nav / fire control)?

Comment

Isn't X-Band more high definition than other types?

Comment

as I understand it (and I don't really) it's a shorter wavelength system which gives higher resolution.
            Irish Naval Service Photos

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Date of contract award:06-05-2011
                Numbers of offers received:1
                Name and address of economic operator to whom the contract has been awarded
                Official Name:
                Kelvin Hughes Ltd

Comment

Working...
                X