Ships Monthly Aug 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ships Monthly Aug 2016

There's a 4 page spread on the NS in the current issue of Ships Monthly, including a history and look at current fleet, with plenty of colour photos, most of which I haven't seen before.

Actually a very poor article, with glaring inaccuracies and was was based on trawling the web as opposed to be sourced from the NS.

Nice to see the NS get a few pages, but more accurate research would be appreciated.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I emailed the Editor and put him straight about a few things, LE Aoife was donated not sold also told him about LE Aisling and the part in the Air India crash and the DSM and the standing down in Galway of Aisling, he told me he would correct this in next months magazine, we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian McGrath View Post
        I emailed the Editor and put him straight about a few things, LE Aoife was donated not sold also told him about LE Aisling and the part in the Air India crash and the DSM and the standing down in Galway of Aisling, he told me he would correct this in next months magazine, we shall see.
        Aoife was sold actually, can't disclose the price but it wasn't free nor was it sold at market value. Haven't seen the article so I don't know if they mentioned prices, but in principle the statement is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Medsailor View Post
          Aoife was sold actually, can't disclose the price but it wasn't free nor was it sold at market value. Haven't seen the article so I don't know if they mentioned prices, but in principle the statement is correct.
          Hope it wasn't more than a few Euro, then everybody will be right!

Comment

Weapons fit for the Peacocks is also incorrect
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
              Weapons fit for the Peacocks is also incorrect
              You mean they DON'T have 15inch guns?
              'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
              'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
              Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
              He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
              http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                You mean they DON'T have 15inch guns?
                I am SO trying to keep a straight face and type nicely after reading the last two posts in quick succession.

Comment

Jaysis, every ones a Jim Cusack these days.....................

Comment

September is in the shops. That was the shortest August ever.
                    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                      September is in the shops. That was the shortest August ever.
                      That's nothing - sure I saw Xmas decorations for sale in a shop last week...
                      'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                      'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                      Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                      He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                      http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Working...
                      X