Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposed New GDR/DPM

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
    In a strange parallel universe that was the FCA, while nobody was issued combats, by the time you reached 3 star, you all had a set, some Dutch, some US and the lucky ones square pocket Irish second hand ones.
    Army surplus did a great trade in selling us 58 pattern too.
    In addition to overalls, the only combat kit on issue was those stupid steel helmets, first field dressing, and green ponchos.
    And those awful "Dunnes Stores" type rain jackets where the jacket was too small and the pants was too big.

    Comment


    • With the bright white draw cords? Only the special ones got issued them.

      Comment


      • no blue ones that after one wash shrunk about a foot....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
          no blue ones that after one wash shrunk about a foot....
          a rain jacket that shrunk when water was applied to it?
          Fate whispers to the warrior, "There is a storm coming"

          And the warrior whispers back "I am the storm".

          Comment


          • So the Naval Service is going ahead with the aquaflage man overboard uniform vanity project.
            Last edited by Rhodes; 30 November 2020, 18:16.

            Comment


            • https://twitter.com/naval_service/st...085590530?s=21

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                So the Naval Service is going ahead with the aquaflage man overboard uniform vanity project.
                Honkeys be jelly.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                  Honkeys be jelly.
                  Hardly.Lads/Lasses in the navy leaving in droves due to shite conditions of service and the NS wastes money on this citing "International best practice". Which has been proven to not be the case.

                  All for FR Uniform.All for an update to the cut of the uniform.Long overdue on both counts. But Grey DPM?? Gimme a break. A pure vanity project by someone who hates wearing "Army" DPM once or twice a year to go to the range. Is that leadership??? Seriously??
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                    So the Naval Service is going ahead with the aquaflage man overboard uniform vanity project.
                    Well seeing as all of my GDR pants are destroyed, I for one greatly welcome this development and look forward to holing my future naval dpm uniforms too

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by apod View Post
                      Hardly.Lads/Lasses in the navy leaving in droves due to shite conditions of service and the NS wastes money on this citing "International best practice". Which has been proven to not be the case.

                      All for FR Uniform.All for an update to the cut of the uniform.Long overdue on both counts. But Grey DPM?? Gimme a break. A pure vanity project by someone who hates wearing "Army" DPM once or twice a year to go to the range. Is that leadership??? Seriously??
                      Will make for great content on a 451 and for the interview of course! Guaranteed BZ on Ikon aswell!

                      Comment


                      • At least the shape of the pattern on the fabric looks like seaweed .
                        Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                          Will make for great content on a 451 and for the interview of course! Guaranteed BZ on Ikon aswell!
                          Being in uniform must bring about a mind set that when you don the uniform it doesn't misplace you or make the organisation your in, a mystery. I don't expect soldiers to wear naval uniform and likewise for any specialist unit with a distinctive identity. There is always a sense of belonging. When I joined the NS, ratings wore an appalling orange/brown jacket and pants with brass buttons reminiscent of the Curragh. The blue shirt and pants were always very civilian and difficult to look smart and collapsed when washed. The DPM comes in a more functional package and will be ours AND will also be Service wise Fashionable. Naval personnel should not have to wear green DPM's except for a clear tactical reason.

                          Comment


                          • Am I correct in saying the "OnaH" tab is going where "naval service" was originally to go, over the left chest pocket?

                            Hopefully a naval equivalent elmer fudd hat is part of the issue, just to annoy the Army folk.
                            Last edited by na grohmiti; 1 December 2020, 11:08.

                            Comment


                            • Will make for great content on a 451 and for the interview of course! Guaranteed BZ on Ikon aswell!
                              Same for the fkers who brought back subdued unit flashes ( an FCA idea) but gave RDF no means or clothing to wear them. Plenty (i.e a metric ton) of stupid stuff on the army clothing side of the house. People in glasshouses etc.
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

                              "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                                Being in uniform must bring about a mind set that when you don the uniform it doesn't misplace you or make the organisation your in, a mystery. I don't expect soldiers to wear naval uniform and likewise for any specialist unit with a distinctive identity. There is always a sense of belonging. When I joined the NS, ratings wore an appalling orange/brown jacket and pants with brass buttons reminiscent of the Curragh. The blue shirt and pants were always very civilian and difficult to look smart and collapsed when washed. The DPM comes in a more functional package and will be ours AND will also be Service wise Fashionable. Naval personnel should not have to wear green DPM's except for a clear tactical reason.
                                You are totally missing the point but in doing so have betrayed your services main reason fro introducing this new pattern. Corporate identity. Simple as, and a NS dislike of wearing "Army" DPM.NOT the operational/tactical reasons that were used to justify this project. No one is saying that the NS SHOULD wear "Army" DPM just that the new uniform,with it's NS centric features(which was badly need) could have been produced in a traditional Navy Uniform colour.Like, Navy. Funny how the USN ditched their "Blueberries" and are going back to plain Navy and how the RN never seemed to need to change to a bespoke pattern. I wonder why that is? Less insecure maybe??

                                (It's DF DPM BTW and funny how the Air Corps have no problem wearing it when the need arises.)
                                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X