Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposed New GDR/DPM

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by apod View Post

    Well? Are you invisible against a BFO grey ship yet?
    Only when I've got my grey face camo on.

    The army got their brown boots. Time to procure some grey boots to complete our rig.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Auldsod View Post

      Only when I've got my grey face camo on.

      The army got their brown boots. Time to procure some grey boots to complete our rig.
      Draw 1Ltr paint from bosun stores. Specify "hull grey". That's the grey boots sorted, and if you do it well, should put a nice gloss shine on too.
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

      Comment


      • 18b27

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Auldsod View Post

          Only when I've got my grey face camo on.

          The army got their brown boots. Time to procure some grey boots to complete our rig.
          No need. Ye already got our cast off Black ones
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

          Comment


          • Brown barrack boot to be rolled out in the NS after next contract begins. Shore based use only.

            Black steel toecap boot to remain for shipborne use.

            Will make it easier to ensure correct safety footwear is worn onboard.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
              Brown barrack boot to be rolled out in the NS after next contract begins. Shore based use only.

              Black steel toecap boot to remain for shipborne use.

              Will make it easier to ensure correct safety footwear is worn onboard.
              Worn with IP-DPM or NSV?

              If NSV that is gonna look Gank.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by apod View Post

                Worn with IP-DPM or NSV?

                If NSV that is gonna look Gank.
                The NSR have to return their IP-DPM as well as GDR when transitioning to NSV. I can't speak to the PDF scale of issue.

                If the NS does go the brown boot route, I suspect there will be no rush to issue to the reserve!
                Last edited by Auldsod; 23 September 2022, 20:46.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by apod View Post

                  Worn with IP-DPM or NSV?

                  If NSV that is gonna look Gank.
                  NSV.

                  The only time NS personnel will wear A-DPM is when deploying overseas with a Battalion.

                  A few NS NCOs in KFOR at present wearing the brown boot (with NSV DPM), looks fine.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Auldsod View Post

                    The NSR have to return their IP-DPM as well as GDR when transitioning to NSV. I can't speak to the PDF scale of issue.

                    If the NS does go the brown boot route, I suspect there will be no rush to issue to the reserve!

                    Makes sense, use up the existing black barrack boot stock through the Reserve.

                    That's what happened with the the old blue GDR.

                    Financially good decision.

                    Comment


                    • It will be years before the ns or nsr have brown boots due to the large number black boots in df stock.

                      the plan was nsv dpm wod replace a dpm except where ordered for cse or overseas.

                      the nsr really did not use up a lot of gdr stock, lots goi g to be struck off charge

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by A/TEL View Post

                        NSV.

                        The only time NS personnel will wear A-DPM is when deploying overseas with a Battalion.

                        A few NS NCOs in KFOR at present wearing the brown boot (with NSV DPM), looks fine.
                        Fully aware when the NS will wear Irish Pattern DPM (IP-DPM). Thanks. Brown boots with a mainly grey uniform is still not better than the black no matter what way you spin it. More DoD penny pinching.Simple as.

                        Oh. BTW by “A DPM” I Assume you meant Army? A misnomer. It’s IP - DPM, as all branches wear it. Not just the Army.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

                        Comment


                        • triggered?
                          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by apod View Post

                            Fully aware when the NS will wear Irish Pattern DPM (IP-DPM). Thanks. Brown boots with a mainly grey uniform is still not better than the black no matter what way you spin it. More DoD penny pinching.Simple as.

                            Oh. BTW by “A DPM” I Assume you meant Army? A misnomer. It’s IP - DPM, as all branches wear it. Not just the Army.
                            You did say IP or NSV earlier!.

                            Will be interesting to see if the Air Corps follow suit with their own version.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by A/TEL View Post

                              You did say IP or NSV earlier!.

                              Will be interesting to see if the Air Corps follow suit with their own version.
                              Sorry. To which of my posts are you referring?
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X