X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
    After a few weeks wearing the new uniform:

Pros:
    light material to that is far better suited to summer wear.

Pants leg ends has elastic sewn in which is useful

Smock/jacket with detachable hood is shower proof, warm for winter wear. Overall a good product.

Cons:
    Rank markings and name tags fade in colour very fast. Went from grey to silver in days. Retention of black ones would have been a better choice (like the RAN)

No t-shirt issued so lots of different t-shirts being worn and some people wearing no t-shirt at all.

Irish flag for some strange reason is a Velcro one and not stitched on like the green shirt.

Wearing/bobbling on collar of shirts already.

All the cons could be resolved in the next batch.

Overall a positive change.
    The wear on the shirt collar reminds me of an expensive Benetti check shirt that I bought last Christmas. It bobbled and wore through showing that the cloth was laminated with the outer layer being ultra thin. It was binned after 3 months. The material should be single layer in DPM and an appropriate T/shirt should be issued at 6 per issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
      Is it supplied by the same people who supply the Army DPM?
      Nope. The rest of the DF is supplied by Seyntex. The NSV DPM comes from your favourite people.
      Tailored Image.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• An appropriate T/shirt should be issued at 6 per issue.
        Love that word "Should". Standard issue scale for t-shirts is four long sleeve and four short sleeve.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

Love that word "Should". Standard issue scale for t-shirts is four long sleeve and four short sleeve.
          The catch all word there …. It is never “will”

Comment

Nope. The rest of the DF is supplied by Seyntex. The NSV DPM comes from your favourite people.
            Tailored Image.
            I was afraid that would be the case. Within 12 months everyone will be wearing different uniforms....
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• NSR to be issued NSV DPM once all PDF NS personnel have been issued and once finances allow.

Comment

NSR to be issued NSV DPM once all PDF NS personnel have been issued and once finances allow.
                Thanks apod

I had heard the same off the record recently. Getting the new NSV DPM isn't a huge personal priority for myself but it will be nice to fit in when in proximity with the PDF again.

Current effective strength of the NSR is low like the rest of the RDF so shouldn't be a huge outlay but who knows who'll appear out of the woodwork when word of an eventual uniform distribution goes out.

Comment

• The real tell will be how long before it appears being worn by some longhaired freak on a building site....

Comment

• Admin Instr A9 updated to include NSV Badging and Rank markings.

Comment

• Aussies getting in on the act too in this confusing video...

Comment

• I thought the Aussies already had a Naval DPM pattern?

Attached Files
                        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Now they have a multicam naval pattern. (as well as a Multicam Air Force and multicam army pattern....

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                            I thought the Aussies already had a Naval DPM pattern?
                            ODIN - subject to correction here, but I think the Australian Army has changed from the "jellybean" camouflage pattern to a Multicam type pattern. This is probably the RAN following suit?
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• why oh why camo? It makes no sense

Comment

• Originally posted by Graylion View Post
                                why oh why camo? It makes no sense
                                They may know better than you, having been wearing camo now since 2008 or thereabouts. The fact they are not going back to grey overalls tells me this.

Comment

Working...
                                X