Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• na grohmiti
    replied
    The real tell will be how long before it appears being worn by some longhaired freak on a building site....

Leave a comment:

• Auldsod
    replied
    Originally posted by apod View Post
    NSR to be issued NSV DPM once all PDF NS personnel have been issued and once finances allow.
    Thanks apod

I had heard the same off the record recently. Getting the new NSV DPM isn't a huge personal priority for myself but it will be nice to fit in when in proximity with the PDF again.

Current effective strength of the NSR is low like the rest of the RDF so shouldn't be a huge outlay but who knows who'll appear out of the woodwork when word of an eventual uniform distribution goes out.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    NSR to be issued NSV DPM once all PDF NS personnel have been issued and once finances allow.

Leave a comment:

• na grohmiti
    replied

Nope. The rest of the DF is supplied by Seyntex. The NSV DPM comes from your favourite people.
    Tailored Image.
    I was afraid that would be the case. Within 12 months everyone will be wearing different uniforms....

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied

Love that word "Should". Standard issue scale for t-shirts is four long sleeve and four short sleeve.
    The catch all word there …. It is never “will”

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    An appropriate T/shirt should be issued at 6 per issue.
    Love that word "Should". Standard issue scale for t-shirts is four long sleeve and four short sleeve.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
    Is it supplied by the same people who supply the Army DPM?
    Nope. The rest of the DF is supplied by Seyntex. The NSV DPM comes from your favourite people.
    Tailored Image.

Leave a comment:

• ancientmariner
    replied
    Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
    After a few weeks wearing the new uniform:

Pros:
    light material to that is far better suited to summer wear.

Pants leg ends has elastic sewn in which is useful

Smock/jacket with detachable hood is shower proof, warm for winter wear. Overall a good product.

Cons:
    Rank markings and name tags fade in colour very fast. Went from grey to silver in days. Retention of black ones would have been a better choice (like the RAN)

No t-shirt issued so lots of different t-shirts being worn and some people wearing no t-shirt at all.

Irish flag for some strange reason is a Velcro one and not stitched on like the green shirt.

Wearing/bobbling on collar of shirts already.

All the cons could be resolved in the next batch.

Overall a positive change.
    The wear on the shirt collar reminds me of an expensive Benetti check shirt that I bought last Christmas. It bobbled and wore through showing that the cloth was laminated with the outer layer being ultra thin. It was binned after 3 months. The material should be single layer in DPM and an appropriate T/shirt should be issued at 6 per issue.

Leave a comment:

• na grohmiti
    replied
    Is it supplied by the same people who supply the Army DPM?

Leave a comment:

• A/TEL
    replied
    After a few weeks wearing the new uniform:

Pros:
    light material to that is far better suited to summer wear.

Pants leg ends has elastic sewn in which is useful

Smock/jacket with detachable hood is shower proof, warm for winter wear. Overall a good product.

Cons:
    Rank markings and name tags fade in colour very fast. Went from grey to silver in days. Retention of black ones would have been a better choice (like the RAN)

No t-shirt issued so lots of different t-shirts being worn and some people wearing no t-shirt at all.

Irish flag for some strange reason is a Velcro one and not stitched on like the green shirt.

Wearing/bobbling on collar of shirts already.

All the cons could be resolved in the next batch.

Overall a positive change.

Leave a comment:

• ancientmariner
    replied
    AFAIK there are NO provisions specifically applicable to PDF personnel of uniformed branches in matters of shelter ,food, health, safety etc. It is all as provided in ACTs , regulations, and Instructions. Getting back to PPE for everyday use each ship/unit should have a crew allocation of coveralls, anti-flash gear, work gloves, nitrile gloves, head protection, safety boots, departmental clothing for ER/Galley. I would like to know, other than anti-flash, what is laid down and provided for.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied

There are exemptions from the HSWW Act as per link below:

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2...nacted/en/html
    Exemptions to SHWW Act for the DF only apply in time of war, pretty much.
    That's from a colleague in the legal profession, just to qualify

Leave a comment:

• na grohmiti
    replied

Can you answer the point about the PPE though?

Leave a comment:

• A/TEL
    replied
    Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

My apologies, I could not answer your earlier question, but due to covid restrictions I am currently not visiting the Naval base as often as I once did, and I was hoping one of the many on this site who currently work there would be able to answer.
    However I can tell you working for another state body as I do, all the listed items are available on the OGP catalogue for whoever needs them. If the NS can draw a staff car from the same catalogue, no reason they can't get nitrile gloves, E-A-R plugs disposable overalls etc. The H&S legislation, which the DF is not exempt from requires them to provide this.
    But I'll leave it to a serving member on this site to answer the question accurately.
    I would like to hope the days of issuing 1 set of e-a-r plugs per man and only replacing annually are long gone.

Leave a comment:

• na grohmiti
    replied
    Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post

We know what should be done. My last experience was no disposable coverall gear, gloves, helmets, nitrile gloves, just loads of swarfega, cotton waste, and some personal kit by dedicated crew. Are you saying that the items mentioned are available in Store as expendable items for general as needed issue?
    My apologies, I could not answer your earlier question, but due to covid restrictions I am currently not visiting the Naval base as often as I once did, and I was hoping one of the many on this site who currently work there would be able to answer.
    However I can tell you working for another state body as I do, all the listed items are available on the OGP catalogue for whoever needs them. If the NS can draw a staff car from the same catalogue, no reason they can't get nitrile gloves, E-A-R plugs disposable overalls etc. The H&S legislation, which the DF is not exempt from requires them to provide this.
    But I'll leave it to a serving member on this site to answer the question accurately.
    I would like to hope the days of issuing 1 set of e-a-r plugs per man and only replacing annually are long gone.
    Last edited by na grohmiti; 15 May 2021, 09:22.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X