No announcement yet.

Combat Swimmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgive me for being so ignorant Fiannolghlach ,I was under the impression the ARW beret was grey ?I may be mistaken but this is the colour pictured on the offical PDF site ?Also you mentioned a green patch behind the cap badge ,on a green beret ?Hptmurphy from what I understand the red border on the ARW shoulder flash desigates serving members of the unit ,whereas the flash without the red border represents a Ranger trainned/qualified soldier not currently serving in the unit . I may be wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
      this practise stopped in 87 due to concerns about man made objects in the water.
      Euugghhhh! Which reminds me.
      Originally posted by jpb
      will someone please explain about the need for divers on ships
      A submarine's (not sure about ships) ship's diver also gets to connect and disconnect the sewage pipe when in port.
      Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Hi Bootneck, It's a Rifle/Sherwood Green beret with a green backing(same colour as the FCA backing) behind the capbadge.

Comment

No the man made objects in the water were not human waste but large blocks of concrete which remained from the construction of the bridge,It was feared that if one of the trainees misjudged their entry to the water...its a 45ft drop....there would be a terrible a ccident. The jumps were restricted to entry from the bridge wings of ships.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
          X