Irish Steel Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post

I measured the new park site as roughly 400m X 300m which in old money is 12 hectares+/-. If so that is about 28/29 acres. I didn't measure anything else due to the elongated shape to Spencer area but in any event the cost at a million per acre is actionable.
    You have the option on the link I gave you to measure area too, just by dragging points around the map.

At the end of the day it comes down to how much whoever gets the gig to cleanup decides to fleece the taxpayer for.
    As an aside, great to see work restarting at Spencer Jetty.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

You have the option on the link I gave you to measure area too, just by dragging points around the map.

At the end of the day it comes down to how much whoever gets the gig to cleanup decides to fleece the taxpayer for.
      As an aside, great to see work restarting at Spencer Jetty.
      I wonder where “savings” will be made by DoD to pay for it

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post

I wonder where “savings” will be made by DoD to pay for it
        It should be treated the same as the acquisition of any major asset, and extra funding should be provided.
        What the DoD has returned to the exchequer In recent years could easily fund this. DoD should just ask for it back.

Comment

It should be treated the same as the acquisition of any major asset, and extra funding should be provided.
          What the DoD has returned to the exchequer In recent years could easily fund this. DoD should just ask for it back.
          This is DoD we are talking about

Comment

This is DoD we are talking about
            Surely under new leadership all has changed.

Comment

Surely under new leadership all has changed.
              In fairness to the new Sec Gen Absolutely but she is still advised by the existing civil servants

Comment

In fairness to the new Sec Gen Absolutely but she is still advised by the existing civil servants
                Advised maybe, but you don't get to that position by following the flock. Let's leave her make the mistakes first before we crucify her? She was impressive in a recent IDFOC webinar. She knows her brief, she is in charge.

Comment

Advised maybe, but you don't get to that position by following the flock. Let's leave her make the mistakes first before we crucify her? She was impressive in a recent IDFOC webinar. She knows her brief, she is in charge.
                  Its been 258 days since the appointment of the new SecGen. What positive gains have occurred?

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoSierra View Post

Its been 258 days since the appointment of the new SecGen. What positive gains have occurred?
                    In fairness, more than happened in the previous 258 weeks

Comment

• Slagheap in Cork Harbour reborn as scenic park after €25m remediation (irishtimes.com)

Officially opened on Saturday.

Comment

• This park has absolutely nothing to do with the responsibilities of the Naval Service and the same applies to the Crematorium. The Status and the importance of the State's only Naval base is being reduced to a bright ideas dumping ground. The Naval GOH was an overkill and elevated the the former reclaimed land to Beal na Blaith status.

Comment

• I'm sure the GoH were overjoyed to be doing one on a Saturday which was probably the hottest day of the year to date.
                          Totally unnecessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                            This park has absolutely nothing to do with the responsibilities of the Naval Service and the same applies to the Crematorium. The Status and the importance of the State's only Naval base is being reduced to a bright ideas dumping ground. The Naval GOH was an overkill and elevated the the former reclaimed land to Beal na Blaith status.
                            It is now a DoD responsibility

Comment

• The gates to the park are closed nightly by security at the entrance.to the Naval base. That's where the involvement starts and finishes. Upkeep is the county councils problem.

Comment

• Who ever opens and closes the amenity has an inferred responsibility. Shortly the CCC may leave a few brushes, black bags, and pickers (Or gloves in lieu) so that the NS can pick up visitor thrash in their spare time.

Comment

Working...
                                X