Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irish Steel Mill

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post

    I measured the new park site as roughly 400m X 300m which in old money is 12 hectares+/-. If so that is about 28/29 acres. I didn't measure anything else due to the elongated shape to Spencer area but in any event the cost at a million per acre is actionable.
    You have the option on the link I gave you to measure area too, just by dragging points around the map.

    At the end of the day it comes down to how much whoever gets the gig to cleanup decides to fleece the taxpayer for.
    As an aside, great to see work restarting at Spencer Jetty.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

      You have the option on the link I gave you to measure area too, just by dragging points around the map.

      At the end of the day it comes down to how much whoever gets the gig to cleanup decides to fleece the taxpayer for.
      As an aside, great to see work restarting at Spencer Jetty.
      I wonder where “savings” will be made by DoD to pay for it

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DeV View Post

        I wonder where “savings” will be made by DoD to pay for it
        It should be treated the same as the acquisition of any major asset, and extra funding should be provided.
        What the DoD has returned to the exchequer In recent years could easily fund this. DoD should just ask for it back.
        German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
        German 2: Private? I am a general!
        German 1: That is the bad news.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

          It should be treated the same as the acquisition of any major asset, and extra funding should be provided.
          What the DoD has returned to the exchequer In recent years could easily fund this. DoD should just ask for it back.
          This is DoD we are talking about

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DeV View Post

            This is DoD we are talking about
            Surely under new leadership all has changed.
            German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
            German 2: Private? I am a general!
            German 1: That is the bad news.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

              Surely under new leadership all has changed.
              In fairness to the new Sec Gen Absolutely but she is still advised by the existing civil servants

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DeV View Post

                In fairness to the new Sec Gen Absolutely but she is still advised by the existing civil servants
                Advised maybe, but you don't get to that position by following the flock. Let's leave her make the mistakes first before we crucify her? She was impressive in a recent IDFOC webinar. She knows her brief, she is in charge.
                German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
                German 2: Private? I am a general!
                German 1: That is the bad news.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

                  Advised maybe, but you don't get to that position by following the flock. Let's leave her make the mistakes first before we crucify her? She was impressive in a recent IDFOC webinar. She knows her brief, she is in charge.
                  Its been 258 days since the appointment of the new SecGen. What positive gains have occurred?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TangoSierra View Post

                    Its been 258 days since the appointment of the new SecGen. What positive gains have occurred?
                    In fairness, more than happened in the previous 258 weeks

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X