Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HavocIRL
    Should be called HMS Fatham

Wasn't it HMS Chatham that did the Bohemian Rhapsody skit for charity.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

great video, i havent seen that one before

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL
        Should be called HMS Fatham

Wasn't it HMS Chatham that did the Bohemian Rhapsody skit for charity.

HMS Campbeltown I believe, filmed about 3 months after I left!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
          True. Did anyone else notice the amount of "rotund" gentlemen within Her Majestys Navy? I would look positively athletic among some of them...

Wine women and song, at the end of the day if you've spent twenty years getting bevvied up at her majesties expence then your gonna put on a few pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster
            Wine women and song
            I thought Churchill said it was Rum, Sodomy and the Lash?

Comment

Anybody think that the Base Vicar had a touch of David Brent from "The Office" about him?

Comment

Hi,Punk
                I thought that the vicar came across as a bit clueless. I'm sure that's been rubbed off by now, but I'd imagine he'd get a hard time from some of the oul sweats.
                regards
                GttC

Comment

I know "Rab" from another board and hes watchin this with interest. The Show and personalities seem to be getting a better reception here than at the ARRSE board.
                  When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
                  All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

this weeks episode wasnt a great follow-up of last weeks...still good all the same

Comment

Didn't catch last week's, but very impressed with it all the same.

Not sure about the "Hornblower" soundtrack though. Bloody stereotypes.......
                      If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

Well so far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt McCarthy
                          this weeks episode wasnt a great follow-up of last weeks...still good all the same
                          It was a very realistic account of how the Modern Naval forces have to adapt to whatever task they are given. In this case, humanitarian aid. Get used to the idea if you intend persuing a career in our own NS. Have a look at the proposal for the Emer replacement, it is designed with this very role in mind.

It is interesting to see how the series is promoting the RN as a force for good, rather than an extension of a nations military might.

Similar to the TV show some months back about Irish troops in Liberia which promoted the idea of "reluctant warriors" to an ever increasing anti-war audience, in my opinion this show is trying to win back the support of the British public to its military, in the face of a public which is rapidly tiring of the War in iraq and the reasons the British military went there in the first place. It is promoting the RN as Humans, individuals, with families, and not as war hungry animals as some sections of the media would like you to believe.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                            It is promoting the RN as Humans, individuals, with families, and not as war hungry animals as some sections of the media would like you to believe.
                            What sections of the media? Where?
                            Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

Good old Jack Tar.

Comment

Its a pity that the DF isnt as willing to let the press have that kind of access (apart from nationwide it seems). The brits always seem to have documenterys and stuff on.

Comment

Working...
                                X